Some Good News (for a change)!

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by neighbormike, Jun 4, 2020.

1. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

We'll have a reservation at Big Foot SP for Labor Day weekend this year. I hope that we get in with no trouble. Probably go early.

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...he-coronavirus-can-now-escape-to-the-zoo.html some stuff opening, so pools , zoo! Yea.

silvermickey2002 likes this.
  3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Never been there... is it nice?

4. reddy

reddy New Member

NY state campsites are beautiful a lot right on the lake

5. Spridle

Spridle Well-Known Member

We camped in western PA last week. Nobody there taking any precautions at all. For them, Covid never happened. Of course just this week their case rate has tripled from what it's been for the past three months.

I'm with everyone. I needed to GET OUT. But be safe out there. This thing is still running strong.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

where at in western PA ? I was out too

Spridle likes this.
  7. Spridle

We were at Cook. And the van died the second we unhooked the camper. Ended up flatbedding it to Pittsburgh and fixing it there. Which was a truly surreal trip down memory lane as I passed by things that were integral to my daily life, but had not seen since the late 70s.

kcsa75 likes this.
  8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

cook forest is nice area, I held a few rallies there in the past. thats crazy you had to go all the way to Pittsburgh to get the van fixed though.

9. Spridle

It was crazy, but it all worked out. Local shops didn't want it. One guy said "honestly, dealer is the only place around here that will fix it quick, without destroying it". That wasn't an option I liked. Thankfully it turned out to be a 20 minute fix and I was back in the campground by 11pm that same day.

We will go back to Cook. We were there in 2012 but the youngest was just 2 then. This was a very different trip. Hiking, tubing, swimming, all good things.

I will also say, the campground folks were awesome. The camp host kept an eye on my family while I was gone and they were prepared to drive my wife into town for supplies if she needed them or just bring them to her if it was simple things like ice. The firewood folks stopped by with a huge pile of wood, kindling and even fire starter for her and would not take money for it. Just said "this is the least I can do for your troubles".

vagov, neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.