Somerset E3 Never Buy One!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kbhowe1, Feb 6, 2014.

1. kbhowe1

kbhowe1 New Member

It is very frustrating but I will not give up. So I have recieved an email today from Kevin at CN and he says there are two ways to handle this situation. One is to send a tech out here to diagnose and resole the proplem or have the trailer shipped back to the facility to make the proper repairs.

Other than saying sorry, nothing is being done for any inconvienciences. I would really want my money back to purchase another brand, but I am resonable and understand that as a business that would not make sense. On the other hand they just keep throwing solutions at the problem hoping that a cheap fix will work, and believe me it wont. I believe I am more than fair by asking for a replacement trailer. I have not once stormed into the dealer calling the techs or company names because I realize that will not do anything in the long run. I treat people, companies, and products fairly, but I also deserve the same in return.

Thanks for the support,
    Brian

2. dadsgoodlife

dadsgoodlife New Member

My 2013 Somerset E2 has been nothing but trouble from the start. It spent over a month at the dealer last year, including Labor Day weekend. I really like my dealer, although they're 3 hours from my home, but I was not at all impressed with Allan Reeping from Somerset, areeping@aliner.com. When he didn't return my calls for over a week, and I told him I wanted to talk to his boss, he told me he doesn't have a boss. With the number of issues my camper had, I told them I wanted them to buy it back, but they would not.

Brian, regarding your roof not going all the way up, mine had the same problem. In order to get the door in place, I would have to stand on the counter and push up the roof until the door would fit. My dealer managed to fix this problem without help from Somerset. You could call them and find out what they did. They are M&M Campers in Trenton, Michigan. Their number is 734-676-2383. Dan is the service manager, and the one who actually did the work, and he is the best service person I've ever dealt with. He actually gave me his personal cell phone number when I was stuck in the mountains in Colorado with a roof that wouldn't go up. That's great service!

As excited as I am for this winter to end and get out camping, I'm dreading what problems my camper will have this year. I would love to have just one camping trip where everything actually works the right way.

I would advise anyone against buying a Somerset. Based on my personal experience, and from what I have heard from others, they have too many quality issues.

3. kbhowe1

kbhowe1 New Member

thanks for the info dadsgoodlife. I have been in contact with Allan as well and nothing is being done. When I purchased my E3 there were hardly any reviews out there, and I wish I would have waited or gone with a different brand. Looks like I will start off the 2014 camping season Turkey hunting in a tent. Still no word when I will get my trailer back if ever. Hopefully not at this point, but atleast my money. Mabye I should get my insurance involved or the bank carrying the loan. In process of filing with the AG now. Will let you all know.

4. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

The AG and a "love letter" from an attorney to CN would be my choice too. The BBB is useless.

5. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Yesterday we just got a replacement Gift Card from BestBuy for a large screen TV that was damaged in shipping and returned. I spent 22 phone calls and 62 days with Customer Relations, Customer Service, Back Office talking to suprv. or mgr. and after contacting the Office of the President received the replacement card on day 64!!

6. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Good points. We are very happy with the quality and build of our Aliner from Columbia Northwest. The minor shakeout issues we had early on were immediately resolved by our dealer. I'm sure designers from all companies struggle with maintaining the size and amenities that people want in a trailer, when coping with ever-shrinking size and capacity of the average family car due to increasing fuel prices. I remember the beast of a Ford station wagon we had in the 60's and 70's to tow the Bethany. The engine block was the size of a small planet. Gas was 39 cents a gallon or less. Trailers could be a lot heavier then.

7. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

A good example of why Best Buy is slowly dying...

8. jdr999

jdr999 New Member

Were these issues present during your PDI when you first picked up the camper?

If so, did you have the ability to refuse the unit if it didn't meet your expectations and the dealer wasn't able to complete repairs in a timely matter?

9. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Any of their profits are being "eatin up" by their massive customer service group!!