Source for Portable Motion Alarm?

Discussion in 'Road Safety Systems' started by Norfolk, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Norfolk

Norfolk Just let me fix this one last thing.....

After reading a bunch of threads about PuP security, I have to wonder if anyone uses a motion sensing alarm inside their PuP. Seems that one with a high pitched noise would scare off any potential thief, especially if you're at a campground.

If anyone has used one, I'd like to hear more about it.

'64 Jack of all trades
    '97 Grand Cherokee
    '89 Coleman Laramie

If it can't be fixed with bondo or duct tape, it can't be fixed!

2. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

I bought one from Harbor Feight for $24.00. Works really good and comes with a remote control to arm and disarm while OUTSIDE the pup. REALLLLLY LOUD. Makes the neighbors look to see who is doing what, and that is the whole point of having one. Here is the link:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42768

JJ

Wichita Falls, TX
    USAF Retired

Edited by - Yellowkayak on August 13 2008 15:29:20

3. Norfolk

Norfolk Just let me fix this one last thing.....

That's PERFECT! I'm thinking of mounting it on the bulkhead under the table (which faces the door). That keeps it out of sight, but close enough to the door to pick up any movement.

Where/how did you mount yours?

'64 Jack of all trades
    '97 Grand Cherokee
    '89 Coleman Laramie

If it can't be fixed with bondo or duct tape, it can't be fixed!

4. SquareCompass2002

SquareCompass2002 New Member

OK here is where I chime in. I am an alarm service technician, and I have installed an alarm panel in an out of the way place, the cabinet where the water tank is. I also installed a standard outside alarm horn in the bulkhead. I installed two wireless motions, and a four-button fob with a panic button just in case.
    You never can tell what will happen and I would rather have it, not need it than needed it, and not have it.
    Price $ 0.00 because I have all equipment that I have pulled out of damaged systems and repaired.

...and like I always say, "If it's free it's for ME"!

Never Sit Idle When Your Fellow Man is in Need!!!

5. Yellowkayak

Yellowkayak Popups.....when sleeping on the ground gets to you

Norfolk - I mounted our in the 2007 Niagra on the left side wall of the cabinet as you enter the pup thru the door. Its also the place where our fire extinguisher is mounted too! As soon as anyone opens the door it goes off. I mounted it with velcro, so I can remove before putting the pup back down. I don't like anything mounted on the cabinet if i have to crawl into the pup when its closed in the down position, like switching the switch from house hold to battery just before we take off. I love velcro.

JJ

Wichita Falls, TX
    USAF Retired