SOURCE FOR TABLE MOUNTING RAIL?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by TDS-MN, Apr 21, 2015.

1. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Active Member

Hey All,

Thinking of a future mod, I was wondering if anyone had a good source for the metal rail that is used on the edge of the table, to allow it to be attached to the outside, or attached to the pup wall when broken down to the bunk configuration? I've spent a little time on google but don't think I am searching using the best name/description.

Seems like something that a person should be able to purchase by the length, no? I am in the planning stages of an expanded cooking area adjacent to the stove, when I have that in it's outdoor location, on the wall next to the entrance door. I have a rail for the stove to hang on, and a length of rail that I can pull my table from inside and put it outside. However, I am hoping to add a second table for strictly outdoor use, and retain indoor table full-time.

Any guidance you can share, helping me locate a length of the appropriate rail/bracket? Thanks in advance. . .

2. jman1200

jman1200 http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/jmanotas/

Been there.

I bought the rails of Amazon, they come in 30 inch pieces, I spent a lot of time online until I was able to find them:
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004OHTRE0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I bought a countertop at Menards to build the table, added two extra supports to sit against the trailer (similar to Coleman's exterior stove configuration), riveted the rail to the side of the PUP and then gave it a try..... fail! .... the side of the trailer was not firm enough, it bent outwards with the weight of the table, the two lower supports didn't help much.

Went and bought a small foldable table which works great... we use it mostly as the exterior kitchen table.

[​IMG]

3. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

4. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Active Member

OK, getting closer now. I have the 'receiver' track already on my exterior wall, so I will see if I can get the 'insert' piece separate from the 'receiver' piece.

My current table now has an adjustable leg, which reaches the ground when attached to the exterior rail. And the system works good for what it is, but it takes away our inside table when it's used outside, which I don't care for. I don't think I will have any support issues, as the exterior wall must have been reinforced when the stock exterior bracket was installed.

Thanks to you both for your assistance. I should be able to get what I need from those links you have shared. Next I will need to see just how big of a table top I can fit back into the popup when it is collapsed for travel.

5. efehser

efehser New Member

When you buy the track you get both halves, nothing you can do about that. You can also buy the extendable legs.

6. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

I made a table for outside. Simply bought the mounting track from my Jayco dealer, it was inexpensive. I bought a single adjustable leg on ebay which works great and folds up under the table for storage inside. I used a sheet of composite material for my table, which is 2' x 4', with the 2' side mounted to the camper. The table is very light, but sturdy. It works great and with the adjustable leg, I can level it on any ground conditions. In my case it mounts adjacent to the outside stove (I added an additional rail) and is great for cooking and for washing and drying dishes after meals.

7. FarmerRick

FarmerRick New Member