Sources for Replacement Parts?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Wanderers, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Wanderers

Wanderers New Member

We just bought our first pop-up, a 1999 Starcraft Galaxy. It is in excellent shape, but we need to pick up a few replacement parts to make her perfect. Specifically, some brass cabinet latches, plastic bins that fit into the cabinets and slide on little rails like drawers, and a couple of bungees for the bunk-ends. Where is the best place to find this kind of thing? I'm having trouble finding them online...

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Dont have that brand, but the bungies on mine are shock cord. , amazon sells it and the ends. You can make any size you want.

Wanderers likes this.
  3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

A lot of camper parts (Pup's/TT's/Motorhomes) have a lot of generic parts that you can pickup anywhere. Our friends Class C had a few cabinet latches in the kitchen that broke and they just went to Home Depot and found replacements. So search around and more than likely you will find what you need. I always check Amazon first since I'm a Prime member and most of the time I find what I need. The other site I use for mechanicals I go to etrailer.com.

Wanderers likes this.
  4. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Amazon

Wanderers likes this.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Many are generic parts, some (or something reasonably close) can be found at the hardware stores or RV dealers. There are RV dealers on eBay, Canvas Replacements has a store there too. Amazon is also a source; we've bought things our dealer hasn't had in stock there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Wanderers likes this.
  6. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Almost all of what you want is on Amazon or in Home Depot or Lowes.

Wanderers and silvermickey2002 like this.
  7. Wanderers

Wanderers New Member

You all are awesome for taking the time to respond to my dumb questions. :oops:

I've been checking out all the sources y'all have listed for me, and I found the latches at the Canvas Replacements store on Ebay-- unfortunately they come with the cabinet doors attached. [::)] Contacted them to see if they'd sell me just the latches-- wish me luck...

Here's a picture of the bins I need:
    [​IMG]
    Haven't been able to find them anywhere. I'm not sure I'm even using the right search terms-- what would you call these? Drawers? Sliding bins? Do they have some other name in camper lingo?

8. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Check IKEA .We got some like that to hold kids shoes.

9. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

Ebay is where i find most of my stuff. Time and patience is your friend there. Craigslist will sometimes have a camper being parted out.

For your drawers, it will probably be hard to find the exact fit. Try searching the measurements online. The rails could be adusted if you can't get the right depth of bin.

10. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Remember, there are no dumb question! You will not learn unless you ask the question!! There are a lot of folks on here with tons of knowledge.

11. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

The shock cord loops on my '01 Starflyer had pretty much worn out… and a PO decided to knot them and pull harder, which tore out grommets. I detailed my repairs here. 4-inch ball bungees work well as replacements for the shock cords. You can get a 50-pack from Amazon for less than $20, and you'll have replacements to last a lifetime.

I have the same slide-out tubs as you do. I assumed they're washtubs, but didn't measure them since none need replacing. I think they just sit on angle brackets. Drawers might look nicer, but the tubs are lighter and can be set on the counter for any necessary rummaging.