South Llano River SP recommendations

Discussion in 'Texas' started by The Manchacan, Jul 27, 2012.

1. The Manchacan

The Manchacan New Member

Any tips for this park near Junction? We'll be there four nights in August for our family vacation and plan to visit some of the bat caves around the area. Thanks.

2. Brate

Brate Bravado!

I have no tips other than to say we will be there in August as well (24th-26th). Usually after staying at a park I do a review for my blog but seeing as you will probably be there before me that really wont help =) It will be my first visit to this State Park but I hear it's nice.

3. sydnisamsofi

sydnisamsofi New Member

We were there about this time last year and loved it! Tubed the river and stayed in the water most of the time. Had deer in camping loop, plenty of shade, and lots to do.
    Enjoy camping!

4. The Manchacan

The Manchacan New Member

I'm impressed that there was enough water to float and swim since it was so terribly parched last year. I've heard nothing but good things about this place. Can't wait to go. Thanks for the replies. Brate, too bad we'll miss each other. I've still not had the pleasure of meeting another PUPer.

5. Brate

Brate Bravado!

There will be plenty of opportunities. We will be hitting either Garner or Inks Lake after school starts.

6. Brate

Brate Bravado!