South Toledo Bend SP Anacoco, LA

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by BratsMuttsNFish, Sep 26, 2011.

1. BratsMuttsNFish

BratsMuttsNFish New Member

Me and the brats and the dog went to South Toledo Bend SP this past weekend. It is our new favorite park. Even with the water being low and the beach, boat ramp, and fishing piers closed because of it, we still had a blast. I was really impressed with the sites, they were fairly large and level and most of the sites had their own deck, that was really nice. The bath house had large clean showers, A/C, and a coin laundry area as well. The kids really enjoyed the playground. The hiking trails are paved like an over-sized side walk. The kids rode their scooters and bikes down them. Also there is a restaurant less than 5 miles from the park that overlooks the lake. The atmosphere there is laid back and kid friendly. I can't wait to go back, maybe for Halloween. [:)C]

2. jpetrey

jpetrey New Member

Thanks for the review. I was thinking of trips to take next spring and this was one of the parks I was looking at.

I am glad you had a good trip

3. Lori3778

Lori3778 New Member

We like North Toledo Bend State Park too, but there isn't much water in the lake that far up. So unless the drought ends don't bring bait for fishing. It has a pool as opposed to lake swimming and the hiking trails aren't paved. We've wanted to check out South Toledo Bend State Park. Hope to do that as one of our trips in 2012. Thanks for the review!

4. jnjsawyer

jnjsawyer New Member

Ahhhhh. Some of our favorites! S. Toledo Bend is great and the trail to the Eagles Nest is great for our little kids. The canoing is nice also.

At N. Toledo Bend, we love how the pool is surrounded by trees and is mostly shaded all day long. We also like that the sites are so wooded and all the sites also have tent pads.