spare tire broke away from factory location

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by popitup84, May 6, 2013.

1. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

1995 coleman destiny royale here....i was trying to break the nuts toose to remove the spare tire and the tiny spot welds that the factory used broke off. now i have a void in the front plastic where the spare was mounted....i have access to a welder...but how hard is it to remove the front shell and put it back on? i've got a trip planned in a few weeks and i worry that when the pup is down water will get into the two square holes in the plastic and do some damage.....anyone have this experience?

2. rd3

rd3 New Member

can you post a picture?

3. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

i can't...home computer problems...been posting from work...i'll see what i can do in a day or so

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

On a 95 the panel maybe held on with rivits going across the top (trim for bunk) and the bottom lip.They maybe 1/4" and are hard to get, and install.

5. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

i bought a spare tire cariier from harbor freight....prolly just gonna cover the holes and mount the tire holder elsewhere....i've heard a lot about these 1/4" rivets being so hard to get a hold of!! i'm going to check our free access crib at work...just 1/4" rivets or is something else special about them?