Spare tire mount

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Melissa Burke, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Melissa Burke

Melissa Burke New Member

I just bought a 1999 jayco eagle 10 ud. The previous owner said this is for the spare tire. Anyone know what to buy to be able to mount it? It's 4 lug nut tire...

Attached Files:

2. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Two bolts two nuts.

kcsa75 likes this.
  3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

Looks like it has nuts welded to the bracket back. They look rusty and need to be chased with a tap. Check the threads and see if they are 1/2"-13 (standard), 1/2"-20 (fine), or something else.

Hate it when people can't figure out to keep hardware when parts are removed. Where's the spare tire?

4. Everett Bartlett

Everett Bartlett Active Member

Since the bracket is threaded, it might use the Dexter lug bolts. The bolt is the cone taper nut,/stud all rolled into one.

5. davekro

davekro Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

You can remove one of the lug bolts on one of your rims, the buy three just like that (so you have a spare ;o).
    The four bolt wheels on my 1999 Starcraft use lug ‘bolts’ too, not lug ‘nuts’ like cars and trailers (with larger than 12” rims).

I considered painting my 12” white wheels to spruce them up. Then I decided to go full Bling and buy 3 new aluminum wheels and chrome lug bolts from Etrailer.com.