Spray Lithium grease on roof suppport posts?

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Fasttimes7, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Fasttimes7

Fasttimes7 Member

Previous owner of my pup was using a can of spray lithium grease on the 4 roof support posts. The stuff is still on there and has gotten onto the canvas. Is this the correct stuff for this application? What should I use to clean off the grease on the canvas? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

Not sure how to clean it, but you are supposed to use silicone lube.

3. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

^^x2 make sure it's a dry silicone lube protecting the canvas from overspray.
    I would try dawn first that should do it- if you use anything stronger make sure you rinse it thoroughly.

4. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

In my manual it says to use silicone spray on the pulleys and to make sure you use a shield to keep it from getting on the tenting. Really don't see the need for lubing where the PO did.

5. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Looks like surface stain. Wet a washcloth with some mineral spirits (= paint thinner) to wipe it off. Too much mineral spirits will dissolve it and spread.

6. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

I have an aggressive all purpose cleaner called "Blast" from a car detail supply place, that would work very well, just need to rinse well after. Will need to re scotch guard or the equivalent.

Lesson learned of what not to use. Leave that on for a while And it will be black with dirt....

7. Heritage

Heritage New Member

My pups previous owner did the same thing. That stuff is messy.