Spring Opener at French Creek [Mar 18-20]

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by PopUpSteve, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Yak, I take it that means you just reserved site #33. Super, it will be good to see you there.

2. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll be there, which is strange because I camp to get away from people

3. Bummer72

Bummer72 Lancaster, PA

Hey all,

Sorry for not posting for so long...lets blame that Seasonal Affective thing, given all the crummy weather...

But, no more excuses!!! Welcome to all those new sign-ups, and "catch you next time" to all those who had to cancel. The groundhog did NOT see his shadow, and that means we are going to have an AWESOME Spring Opener rally!!! I will get the map updated and re-posted this week. Steve, I got your PM, and I will try to give you a call.

If anyone has some new ideas for this rally, or wants to repeat something we've done before, either share it here or send me a PM.

Soon the snow will be gone, and we'll be camping again!!!!!

Later,
    Doug

4. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Doug, for some snow isn't an issue [;)]

[​IMG]

5. Bummer72

Bummer72 Lancaster, PA

Yak, where is that? That actually looks like fun, as long as I could just sit and relax, enjoying a good book or some music. Entertaining the kids, however......not so much.

6. tlhdoc

tlhdoc New Member

It was at French Creek SP, in PA. Three of us went on a winter camping trip back in January. It is very relaxing. :)

7. Matt O

Matt O Strangers are friends who have not yet met

I have been on the fence about going to the spring opener. DW said I could take another trip on my own without her [:D].....I mean I will really miss her [:(]

The other side of the fence was to scout out a new state park to take DW and DS in the fall. Well, out of left field my sister emailed me about camping at Ricketts Glenn in the fall. That made the decision for me, my planned trip will be Ricketts Glenn. Although I may sneak up to the Spring Opener last minute if I am a good boy and get all of my Honey do's done [HH]

Doug- That was the MID-WINTER RALLY in January. It was a very enjoyable weekend with Yak and tlhdoc. I hope to do it again next year.....are you going to join us??????

8. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

9. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

One more month!!

10. ChefPete

ChefPete New Member

We're very much looking forward to this weekend for a number of reasons. Are there any discussions about pot luck dinners, menus, etc? (I haven't been on much lately and am waaaay out of touch!) [:)C]

11. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

If the weather is anything like Friday's, it will be a great start to the camping season for the Northeast.

Pete, when are you and Phil picking up the new camper?

12. pgordemer

pgordemer Guest

March 5th. So we will have it home for 2 weeks to restock it and get to know it.

We also bought a tiny travel trailer for our seasonal site, so now we have a light side and a dark side.

13. Bummer72

Bummer72 Lancaster, PA

Wow! Like Yak just so astutely observed ONE MORE MONTH until Spring and the Spring Opener!!!! [:D] I am so massively off in my Spring Opener game this year [:O] [LOL]. Its time to get my act together!!!

I have been incredibly busy at work, and as my luck would have it, I have a big inspection the week of the Rally, so I am going to need some help!!!!! I am open to incorporating any new ideas to ensure this rally is the blast that it always is. But for now, lets cover the basics:
    [list type=decimal]
    [*]Potluck Planning - Post what you will bring in the Spring Opener 2011 POTLUCK thread, and we will put up a list. One thing that was nice to have was a coffee urn, so if anyone has access to one, I'll provide the coffee, creamer and sugar.
    [*]Group Site Planner: With a group this big, I need someone with organizational skills to manage the setup of the group site. Someone who can be our point of contact for coordinating the need for folding tables, canopies/tarps/shelters, power use, etc., and setting up for the Saturday night feast. Any volunteers?
    [*]Finally, the traditional Chili Contest!!! If you are interested in making a chili to be judged, or if you have an iron stomach and would like to be a judge, see the CHILI CONTEST 2011 thread
    [/list]
    Also, a quick apology for not keeping the map up to date...I will do my darnedest to get it done; please let me know via PM if there are any discrepancies (after today...I gotta go through the threads to collate the latest attendees).

Thanks Everyone!!!!
    THINK SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Matt O, I've been saving that chunk of wood for ya!!

15. Matt O

Matt O Strangers are friends who have not yet met

Wish I could watch that piece of wood burn yak, but I have to go to NJ that weekend. I was going to sneak up there for Saturday night if I could but it is the anniversary of my Dad passing so everyone is going to be in NJ with Mom.

The piece of wood Yak has is a really funky knarly knotted piece of wood. I love burning stumps or odd shaped wood. The way the flames flicker around the oddness and the fact that it can burn for hours. You have to have time to burn it and it got too late on Saturday night to burn it at the Mid Winter Rally.

Take a video of it burning for me [8D]

16. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

We're on C32, an electric/pet site and going to have to cancel.
    If anyone wants to get that one, pm me and we can set up a time for me to cancel, so that you can attempt to get it.

17. Storm Trooper

I canceled yesterday, so the site is available. [:(]

18. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Sorry you can't make it this year Lou.

19. Storm Trooper

Wish we could. Have to take DD back to college that weekend, 6 hours in the other direction.

20. twstdpear

twstdpear Party like it's 2012!

Just tell her she needs to change schools to better accommodate your camping schedule. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.