Springover Fleetwood Niagara

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by blip, Apr 8, 2009.

1. blip

blip New Member

I just talked about a tire blow out. Now I was going to ask about this "springover" modification I have seen. I suppose this topic has been talked about many times.

I am just curious if anyone has done this modification to a Fleetwood Niagara?

I can see that a little more ground clearance has many benefits. I wonder if there are any negatives about doing the "springover"?

I checked with my local RV shop and they have a kit for doing this. I talked briefly with the guy at the counter and he told me they charge $200 per axle for labor, I never actually asked how much the kit itself was but I would think less than $100.

Seemed like a reasonable labor cost. Heck it would take me a whole weekend I'm sure, so if I factor what my free time is worth it makes the $200 even more palatable.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

You had me at first with "springover". I always knew it called as an axle flip. It will raise the ground clearance of the body, making the step in higher. May also let you install a taller tire. Welding is needed and the charge seems OK to me.

83 JaycoJay 806, 04 Grand Cherokee, Ray and Jin

3. ColemanBayviewMoneypit

ColemanBayviewMoneypit New Member

Did mine today using this step by step from a PUP member (Thanks AZ Letendre) http://www.popupportal.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22287&FORUM_ID=50&CAT_ID=18&Topic_Title=2001+Coleman+Utah+Spring+Over+Axle+Project&Forum_Title=Tires+%2F+Bearings+%2F+Axles

My pup ('98 COLEMAN GRANDVIEW) ,yours and AZ's are basically the same animal. I did use the same technic except that i haven't welded the spring seats. Set them in place with some ''lock-tite''. It went pretty smoothly. Parts cost was less than 30$ (cdn that is).Made a huge differance with the pup stance.It is now perfectly leveled with the new Jeep. Good luck

'98 Colemn Grandview '08 Cherokee 3.0CRD
    '67 Patrick '68 France
    '98 Marie-Pier
    '01 Ariane '01 Daphné
    Montréal,Québec

4. blip

blip New Member

Congratulations on doing the spring over! Can you post some pictures? I would really love to see them. I think I am going to go ahead and do mine, it will be worth the effort.