SPUT number 2 - yanked the roof seal off my ABS roof while cranking the PUP up

PaulaBrensinger

Jul 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Two things. when reattaching the weatherstrip be sure the edge of the roof is dry and use 3m super weatherstrip adhesive it comes in yellow or black ...use black it will not show .....
And spray the edge that rubs on the lower body with a silicone spray to prevent it from sticking and pulling off.
Revisiting this. The roof seal didn't adhere properly along the right side for about 2 feet. 3m super weatherstrip adhesive on shopping list . And I forgot to spray. Front right corner stuck to the pro seal calk. I nearly had a repeat of my last fall gasket peeling adventure.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Tarping. Isn’t always the best as it traps moisture in. , some had success. Using pole noodles underneath to allow. Some air flow, a breathable cover is a much better option. But also more costly , when I had my pup. I simply chose not to tarp, cranked the tounge jack down all the way. So rain and snow melt would not puddle, and brushed heavy snow off it as it accumulated

PaulaBrensinger

Jul 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Tarping. Isn’t always the best as it traps moisture in. , some had success. Using pole noodles underneath to allow. Some air flow, a breathable cover is a much better option. But also more costly , when I had my pup. I simply chose not to tarp, cranked the tounge jack down all the way. So rain and snow melt would not puddle, and brushed heavy snow off it as it accumulated
I was super surprised and happy to find that although the storage trunk leaked, the interior of the pup was dry, not infested with mice, and didn't smell of mildew either! But this winter I will put a breathable cover on it. Maybe with a couple pool noodles, too,since I have a bunch already.