St. George Island

Discussion in 'Florida' started by emoney, Jul 9, 2018.

1. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

Just noticed the St. Joseph Peninsula thread so I thought I'd add St. George Island State Park to
    the list, because it's just around the corner from there. The park itself is on the very end of
    the barrier Island and only has about 60 campsites, so book in advance. Here's a link;

https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/St-George-Island?

We went tent-camping there a couple years ago, and absolutely love the place. Now, we're
    Floridians so the appeal for us is it's very quiet, and not heavily trafficked. We basically had
    2 miles of beach to ourselves. On the Island itself, there are places to eat, shop, etc., but
    not many hotels, mainly rental houses, so the tourist traffic is light. Make sure you watch
    your step at night if walking from the campground over to the beach because there's
    usually hundreds of crabs heading back out, lol.
    stgeorgeisland.jpg
    Stock picture, but this is the campsite we stayed in. If you like the
    beach and quiet, which is often a rare combo, I highly recommend!

Sjm9911 and megcabra like this.
  2. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Just checked for a week I have off next April. Completely booked already:huh:

3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

We were at St George Island for New Years 1999-2000. Extended family rented a couple beach houses for the week.
    What a wonderul place. [:)C]

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Glad ya'll enjoyed the trip, Looks like a nice site.Fl has some great State Parks scattered all over the state and most are really outstanding. Thanks for sharing Good luck and happy Camping

5. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

We'll be headed there with fellow campers in mid-November and got the last 2 sites that covered the weekend. Sounds like the Trivago commercial! Others coming could only get Thurs. & Fri. and Mon. & Tues., so our potluck definitely won't be Saturday night. Great review and I know we will have a great time.