St. Louis Area Camping

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by smg_4hnds, Mar 11, 2019.

1. smg_4hnds

smg_4hnds Member

Hey Mizzou,

I'm traveling from MI down south and back in late April. The St. Louis area is a little over my 1/2 way point heading south.

I've stayed at Babler previously but was wondering about Meramec and/or other choices (southern Indiana) you might recommend for an overnighter on my down & back. I'm the only human, traveling with my dogs (golden retrievers).

Ideal world, Meramec is a little less than half-way for my return and I'd like to get to the other side of St. Louis for the remaining drive home. Thoughts are very much appreciated and thanks in advance!

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

A few years back, we stayed at the KOA in Granite City Il, just northeast of St Louis. It was clean and quiet, and had a decent pool. It's located in a semi-industrial area. If you're looking for nature, this is probably not what you seek, but for a night or two, it worked out well for us.

smg_4hnds likes this.
  3. smg_4hnds

smg_4hnds Member

Thanks for the advice - may be perfect as it looks like it's close to the highway. THANK YOU!

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

There's a municipal campground at Lake Lou Yaeger near Litchfield IL just off I-55.

smg_4hnds likes this.
  5. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

You could look at cuiver river as well. Or someplace near Alton, IL.

smg_4hnds likes this.