St Peters in Ontario

Discussion in 'Ontario' started by Burns, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Burns

Burns New Member

Anyone camped at this park?

Any issues/annoyances/brags?

Burns

2. Mr_Custom

Mr_Custom Member

Yes, we were there about 2 years ago. It's a nice park and we decided that we would return at some point. Nice beach.

3. Burns

Burns New Member

4. JamesRL

JamesRL New Member

I've stayed at Lake St Peter a couple of times.

Its isn't big, but a decent beach. Not a lot of hiking, one trail. Doesn't seem to have the bear issues Algonquin has. You can use your park pass to get into Algonquin for free, which is good.

We went for a week one time and encountered Maynooth Madness was on one weekend - pancake breakfasts, loggers games, church supper, great fun.

5. fyrftr422

fyrftr422 New Member

We found this little gem this past weekend. Algonquin was full and we had no reservations so my Wife rings up a few local PP's and this place had 10 left (also the only one that answered their phone). It is only 15 minutes outside the East Gate of Algonquin and the pass there gives you full access to Algonquin and Silent lake PP, very handy. Very small park but it was quiet, good private sites, clean and well maintained, small beaches and a nice sized lake for canoeing, great staff and no bear or animal issues whatsoever. None of their garbage can are even secured. We didn't try the hiking trail though. I guess it helps having the local dump a few kms down the road.

The only issue is that it is beside a major ATV trail and there were a few times during the day that more than a few of them roared by (and our site, #7 was out by the road). But it is a small park on a small lake surrounded by cottages, homes and roads/trails, but aside for the ATVs, it really was a great stay.

We wouldn't hesitate for a second staying here again.

6. Garland

Garland New Member

It's a favorite for our family. Small, peaceful, and easy to get a spot, even on weekends. If you just want to chill out, go to the beach, then I recommend it. If you want a park with special activities every day then perhaps look elsewhere.