Stabilizer Jack disks/ base pads missing- viable solutions? Also- bed-slide out question.

RedRocksMama

Mar 19, 2022
Hello- as we get to know our 2000 Coleman Cheyenne before our 1st camping trip this year, I noticed that the Stabilizer Jack disks/ base pads are missing, and it looks like the pervious owner put 2x6's under the jacks as a solution. Is that viable/ a good idea?
These are only about 10 on amazon for a set of 4- anyone know if they will fit on those jacks? I don't want to buy/ install them if they are just going to wobble off after a trip or two. The rails the beds slide out on could use some sort of TLC to help them slide out easier- I use ivory bar soap on my windows at home- will that work? Thanks in advance for helping me with this "new" older camper. :)

Last edited:

Dingit

Super Active Member
Mar 8, 2017
What's on there now? At least for the 2008 model year (cuz that's the brochure I have), the "sand shoes" were standard on some models and optional on others. So you might be stock. People often put boards or Lynx blocks under their stabilizers. Sometimes even with the sand pads.

RedRocksMama

Mar 19, 2022
What's on there now? At least for the 2008 model year (cuz that's the brochure I have), the "sand shoes" were standard on some models and optional on others. So you might be stock. People often put boards or Lynx blocks under their stabilizers. Sometimes even with the sand pads.
It just the stabilizer jack with no disks- they came with, but are now missing all four.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
I would put the sand shoes back on the stabilizers. Then use 2x6, or 2x8 as wider jack pads. Look at the measurements on the new sand pads, should it be correct, place the feet on each, and secure with bolts, nylon lock nuts, w/ thread locker. Pads will not come off. In all the years that we have used the pads, I have never lost a pad. See you on the trail.

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Sand pads.. not every trailer comes from the factory with them. For years the stabs on my TT didn't have any, I used Lynx Levelers under the stabs. Now I have the sand pads and still use the Lynx Levelers.

Dugk44

Apr 17, 2022
Hello- as we get to know our 2000 Coleman Cheyenne before our 1st camping trip this year, I noticed that the Stabilizer Jack disks/ base pads are missing, and it looks like the pervious owner put 2x6's under the jacks as a solution. Is that viable/ a good idea?
These are only about 10 on amazon for a set of 4- anyone know if they will fit on those jacks? I don't want to buy/ install them if they are just going to wobble off after a trip or two. The rails the beds slide out on could use some sort of TLC to help them slide out easier- I use ivory bar soap on my windows at home- will that work? Thanks in advance for helping me with this "new" older camper. :)
3880D8FE-9A66-46C3-A7BB-034626A32857.jpeg
I use this on our bed slides, works really good. Goes for about $8 at walmart.

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
Cut four boards and roll on is what i would do if you have material laying around....If not with the cost of lumber
amazon may be cheaper....i have seen plenty who use nothing.

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Sand pads were optional on our '10 Coleman cobalt, asn our current travel trailer, so we added them. We still use a Lynx block/cap under them under most circumstances, since even the sand pads can sink on soft ground. These days, with the trailer lifted, we use a stack of 5+cap under each stabilizer and the tongue jack, adjusting up or down a block or 2 if the ground is uneven. Keeps us from having to crank the staiizers out as far, and with the style we have, they're more stable if not cranked to the max.

Heartlandex

Jun 21, 2022
Try dielectric grease on the slide rails.