Stabilizers while Storing

Discussion in 'Stabilizing Your Camper' started by ReGuLtr, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ReGuLtr

ReGuLtr New Member

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but when storing your PUP, should you extend the stabilizers??

We store our PUP in the garage and I have always just chocked the wheels and called it a day! Is storing for long periods of time like this okay??

TIA,

Dave

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

As long as you plan not to walk inside your camper .....

3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Uh oh... tastes great, less filling... BAL or wood planks... Cook inside or outside...

If your owner's manual does not make a statement of stab use when stored, follow your heart.

You're sure to be wrong with 50% of folks either way, so choose your side and stick with it.

Like Raycfe said though, if you're going in, stabs down to prevent SPUT #1.

[​IMG]

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Like you I never put my stabilizers down in storage. Except for once when the ground was super soft in the storage yard and figured with all points of contact on the ground would help prevent the tongue getting sucked in. The camper next to mine the front was all the way down to his A frame. Don’t know how he managed to get it out, just afraid mine would do the same. I used lynx blocks under all points of contact and only lost two under the wheels in that gooey mess. So glad my new storage yard doesn’t have that problem.

5. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I never put the stabs down when storing for fear of forgetting to put them back up before moving the pup. That appears to be what happened to the previous owners as the two back stabs are a bit bent and a little bit hard to deploy.

6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

We store our pup in the garage. I never put the stabs down. No reason to put them down in the garage unless you plan on opening it up and going inside (That is if your garage is large enough!)

7. ReGuLtr

ReGuLtr New Member

Thanks for all of the responses! I think I'm going to stick with leaving them up while in the garage!!