starcraft 1701

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by dougmc1077, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dougmc1077

dougmc1077 Member

o.k. im going tomorrow to look at a 2006 starcraft 1701. my question is that too small for 2 adults and two kids one 6 the other 2. to me it seems like it will be. its got a double bed and a twin bed and a table booth layout. what do u all think. I guess ill know when I see it, but sometimes its hard to tell until you take it on a trip and use it.

2. pckeen

pckeen New Member

Hi,

We have camped with that many adults/kids (kids were four and two) - our PuP has a queen and a double with a 10' box, and it was a nice size for that many kids. We really appreciated the queen size bed, and not having to sleep kids on the dinette.

You can certainly fit that many adults and kids in a 1701 (parents on the double bed, one kid on the single, other kid sleeping on the dinette), but it is a small camper. If your TV can pull it, I would think you would be happier with a larger camper - probably something with a 10' box.

3. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

We have had one since 2009. It'll be just fine. Our kids got too big (6'1" at 13!) So we had to get a bigger trailer. It's built like a tank, and a fantastic trailer.
    [​IMG]

4. dougmc1077

dougmc1077 Member

a ten foot box is what I was thinking, but the price is good and its newer than what I have been looking at so I don't know. I guess I will find out later if it don't rain. the double bed may be to small I am 6'6" so a big bed is a must.

5. Mongo71

Mongo71 Longwood FL

I have a '97 1701 and I can only recommend that you find a Patio Room tent attachment. It certainly is big enough to sleep four, but if it rains....it's gonna be close without the added tent-room. Just my 2 pennies worth.

6. dougmc1077

dougmc1077 Member

update on the starcraft. when I got there camper was closed. ckecked it out looked ok. when he popped it up I looked inside and it was full of water. back corner was leaking bad. after I saw that he than tells me that the guy who had it before him had to seal that corner because it leaked. so the search goes on.