Starcraft/CampingWorld Warranty Headache

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by ChocoChock01, Jan 15, 2016.

1. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

My current Starcraft warranty headache:
    http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=69401.new#new

2. ChocoChock01

Re: Starcraft/CampingWorld Warranty Headache Saga!

I am in complete agreement with an organization such as Camping World (CW) to not only be profitable but also thriving.
    And I try to cater to as many businesses on a regular basis that I want to stay around.

I was reading another blog where the writer wrote about calling Newhall CW and mentioning they do not answer the 800 number (my experience many times as well). I have been in the past and currently belong to Good Sams Club, have bought trailers from CW AND have tried to buy 2 other trailers from them having competitive offers. The sales side completely depends on the salesperson and NOT CW management.

The current Starcraft hybrid trailer they told me to go else where with the offer I had. Then I had a warranty issue. Made an appt to look at two problems, one being a recall for the spring hangars and the other being a canvas tearing issue.
    Had a difficult time getting a service appt (45 days out made in Feb).

After leaving it for 2 weeks, I had to call them as to the status. They said they would get back to me. Several days later I called back and they said everything was fine.
    The canvas was normal even though you could see sunlight through the holes. The hangar issue was possible fracturing of the bracket, they also said checked out.
    When I went to pick it up it was missing 1 of the 2 propane tanks (the plastic cover does not sit properly with a tank missing, so I tie wrapped in to the frame). I called the Service Rep out and he said the Service Mgr was at lunch but would inform him.

I left, and have not heard from them after 90 days.

With the warranty issue, I asked the Rep to write up the invoice (charged $45 to look at warranty and recall issues) so I have a record of the problem during the warranty period.

Then I contacted Starcraft, they said CW never contacted them on the issue for Starcraft to either accept the claim or reject it and referred me to another Starcraft dealer 80 miles away. I did send pictures of the issue showing tearing in the folds on the outside and sunlight shining through from the inside. This is what the CW technician said was normal.

Everyone at CW has been friendly, non confrontational, but of no help. The only useful sales manager I dealt with is no longer there.

So with Marcus Lemonis going on Undercover Boss and boasting about how profitable he has made the company, I am surprised if Newhall CW is any example of a corporate model store.

I commend running a profitable business, that is competitive and honors the warranties of its vendors. From my experience over a 10+ yr period do not see how they are profitable treating a customer the way I have been treated who spends money at there stores in Sales, Service and Retail?

More to follow with the next Starcraft dealer!

3. ChocoChock01

UPDATE:

Starcraft is allowing me to go to a local REPUTABLE RV Repair shop to submit a claim. Their dealers are worthless!
    THREE dealers and 9 months later and nothing has been done to solve the problem of defective canvas (and a few other minor issues).

4. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Good luck and hope this solution will get your claims fixed as they should have been!

5. ChocoChock01

I will keep this post alive w updates...for everyone to view.

6. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I am sorry to say but only suckers go to CW unless a certain CW go out of their way to ignore the CW model and act like better dealership that does nothing that CW would do.

7. ChocoChock01

I am amazed they stay in business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

I bought my Starcraft hybrid from CW. The purchase experience was great. My salesman was great. Got the camper I wanted at a very reasonable price. I had an issue with the awning that I returned it to the dealer for. A bad gas strut. They replaced the gas strut. Took about a week and came back with a brand new gas strut. Turns out, that wasn't the issue. Awning is still wonky. So service is sub-par. On the upside, I know what's wrong and it's a way simpler fix than replacing a gas strut.

9. ChocoChock01

I have tried to buy my last 3 trailers from this same CW and SALES has been as bad as service. 4 trailers back we purchased from this same location and the SALES guy was great, but service still screwed up on some issues.

It is relatively close and I keep trying to do business w them, but done now!

This last time, I lost a LP tank while there and notified them before leaving (the cover doesn't fit correctly w tanks missing) and NEVER got a call back after numerous called into them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Yeah. It seems like it's really hit or miss.