StarCraft Comet 10RT - 2016 (front platform)

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by rob2218, Jul 8, 2015.

1. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

So....I went to my local camping dealer today.
    Saw this neat little "StarCraft Comet 10RT" camper. model year is 2016
    it's roughly $14K beans.....but it was neat looking.

So..I ask the question, it had this "front platform" area which at first glance appeared to be have a bolted on rail but upon further inspection, the rail assembly looks like it was anchored with removable bolts. The steel plate also looks like it would come off.

So...my question is...did StarCraft make this little "Comet" with the intent to have the front platform usable as a "motorcycle" towing area?
    I wonder.............hummmm.....

[​IMG]

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Well, I don't think I'd toss a Harley up there but bicycles, firewood, a couple of storage bins, or maybe a dirt bike, yeah, that's what those decks are for.

If you want to haul a big bike, a toy hauler would offer more space, a stronger frame and better suspension.

3. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

OK, maybe not toss a 1000lb Harley...but what about a 400lb Honda Hawk?
    just curious...not that I have the financial means to purchase anything new but just wondering......as to what 'exactly' is that front "open" (looking like for a motorcycle) space exactly designed for? hummm.....???

I mean, there's a reason why they have "removable" bolts. There's a reason why it's an "open loadable" platform with a grilled floor plate.....I wonder just what the StarCraft folks intent was with this little space.

Which reminds me......If I ever decided to "tear out" the front storage compartment of my PUP's area, I could (perhaps) use this same concept that the Comet is using to in essence "retrofit" my storage area into a "toy platform"?...humm...
    [​IMG]

see if I removed this front enclosed storage bin...and left it or modified it as an open platform...I just might be able to make my PUP "and" have my toy hauler...perhaps? humm??...dunno?

4. Dubbya

Yeah, totally doable.

I've seen a few threads where folks have done exactly that.

Funny, I was sure I heard some wheels turning! [LOL]

5. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

Whoa!...whoa whoa!.....you have seen thread where folks have done that? removed the front storage bin and created a "moto platform"???.....where, please...enlighten me sir.

6. JeffC

JeffC New Member

You could always buy a used toy hauler pup for waaaaaay less money that's made to haul toys.

Jeff

7. Dubbya

Use the search link at the top of the forum page to find those threads.

8. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

9. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

the ToyHaulers I've seen and used mind you are in the +$8K range.....and that's used.

10. JeffC

JeffC New Member

You're looking at a $14K pup with a 2' deck wondering if it will haul a motorcycle. I paid just over half for a TH pup with a 4' deck and slide out. That's all I was saying.

11. rob2218

rob2218 New Member

Ya got a hellava deal then sir.
    Wow!......a little over $7K ToyHauler PUP?.......again...wow, nice!

What make/model was it?

12. JeffC

JeffC New Member

It's in my signature. You just have to keep looking and know what you want. People that need a down payment on their giant 5'er or TT are great to deal with....as long as you have a stack of dead presidents. The other benefit of not financing an RV. The savings isn't just in interest. BTW, all the dealers were thousands over NADA IF they would even talk to me. There's nothing quite so powerful as standing in someone's driveway with your family and a wad of cash. People like to see their stuff going to a good home. Dealers could care less.

13. 1stpopup

1stpopup Member

Awesome looking setup. I like the basket. That may definitely become a mod.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

14. azshtr

azshtr New Member

The bigger brother is the RT-11 and is made to haul a quad. 700 pounds max weight on the front deck.