Starve Hollow State Rec Area(IN)

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by dlstover, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dlstover

dlstover New Member

Any one been there? sites to avoid?

2. Ram Freezy

Ram Freezy Member

This park was our go-to fall break getaway for a couple of years 3-4 years ago. They had some organized Halloween activities and a nearby farm had a pretty good haunted hayride/corn maze/pumpkin patch setup. I remember being surprised by how many people were there the first time we went. That was during our tent camping days, so I can't really advise on particular sites for trailers. There are three main camping areas: a tent only loop back in the woods, a nice wooded mixed camping loop with quite a few waterfront sites, and an inland loop with paved driveways. Facilities include a swimming beach with bathhouse, playground, picnic area with playing field, boat rentals and hiking trails in the adjoining state forest. I remember the sites having electrical hookups because we took an electric heater the last time - it was low 40's with a burn ban in effect because of the drought. Well, tents don't hold heat very well. Part of the reason we now have a popup since we love fall camping. I'll try posting some photos:

Our camsite...
    [​IMG]

View back towards the campground from the hill across the lake...
    [​IMG]

Dropping a line from our site looking back at the boat docks...
    [​IMG]

Fall colors from the dam looking back towards the park...
    [​IMG]

3. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

I have no input yet be we are going there in May so I will be following the post. Friends who have been there before loved the park.

4. tvketchum

tvketchum New Member

This was one of my favorites- lake front site, bald eagle viewing, peaceful and quiet.

5. thomes1993

thomes1993 New Member

Any feedback from the trip you can share? Thinking about going here later this summer.