State Park in Southwest MO

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by awsandlin, Sep 11, 2011.

1. awsandlin

awsandlin Active Member

I am looking for a state park in the southwest or mid south area of MO that might be an hour or so from Springfield. I would want it to include water and electic hookups. Any suggestions?

2. Beerlifter

Beerlifter Oklahoma, It's not just for Indians anymore!

We did a trip to Roaring River SP. a few years back. Really nice park. Trout fishing if your into it. Swimming pool, nice staff, etc. We stayed for a weekend and really enjoyed it.

http://www.roaringriverstatepark.com/

Check it out, you might find it interesting!

3. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

I don't know how far from Springfield it is, but I would suggest Table Rock State Park near Branson, MO. I was there years ago in a tent, but the site was like 3 levels, park, picnic table and grill. then you would walk down and they had a tent pad, and then on to the water, your own beach. Great for fishing and swimming. They had marina and small store.
    They had a museum with a big deck and small walking trail. Also have a fish hatchery. Branson has alot to do and we went to Dick's 5 & 10 store, a old 5 and dime store which was alot of fun. We had my 3 yr old neice with us.

4. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

I will second the poster for Table Rock state park. They have campground 1 and campground 2. Nice park with some pretty neat sites near the water in campground 2.

5. pmikeyd

pmikeyd New Member

Both of the two previously mentioned parks are really nice. We've stayed at Table Rock several times and have had very good experiences at the campground. We went to Roaring River last year on a "kids fish free" weekend and it was absolutely PACKED, not to mention 100 degrees. It is in a really nice setting and the trout fishing is great if you like to fish.

You might also want to look at Bull Shoals White River State Park in Arkansas, too. It might be out of your preferred range and I've not stayed there personally, but some friends of ours went earlier this year and said it was the best campground they've stayed at so it is on our short list of places to visit.

6. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

I also would go to Table Rock. It's about an hour even pulling a TT. We go there 3-4 times a year.