State Parks in Massachusetts not accepting bookings?

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by mpking, Dec 1, 2017.

1. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Anyone heard anything about state parks in massachusetts? I can't seem to book ANY state park in Massachusetts, Reserve America just state's "Not Available". Is MA switching away from them? (Or nobody loaded the database yet?)

2. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

So I called ReserveAmerica, and they told me that DCR (Department of Conservation and Recreation) have not released any campsites to them to be booked.

I've got a call into DCR, but at 4pm on a Friday, I'm not expecting a call till next week.

3. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

I had reservations a couple of years ago. As I recall, I had to wait until spring to reserve them through ReserveAmerica.

4. mdcamping

mdcamping Member

It wouldn't surprise me, Maryland and I believe California have switched away from them.

Mike

shuang2 likes this.
  5. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

This weekend I was able to make reservations at Horseneck state park campground in Westport. On the Reserve America site, i had marked what campground and dates I was interested in and when they became available they sent me an e-mail alert. Just as a FYI, Horseneck has 96 campsites and in the 1o minutes I was looking on the site trying to pick the dates that would work for me, 25% of those sites were reserved by other campers so they go fast.

6. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I guess I should report back.... :)

I called Mass DCR, and left a message with the director recreation. I got a call back about 5 days later. The said there was a ..... problem.... and it should be all fixed now.

7. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I know. Horseneck was the campground I was trying book.

Did you see the new policy? 7 Day max on the waterfront sites.

8. kcormier19

kcormier19 Member

Did you see the new policy? 7 Day max on the waterfront sites.[/QUOTE]

Yes. We are only staying two nights. it will be the first time we are taking the pup out and wanted to be close to home in case of any issues. But we did get a waterfront spot. The e-mails from Reserve America about availability there still keep coming so maybe you will get a spot there yet.