Staying home for the Holiday

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by kcsa75, May 20, 2019.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

We just canceled our reservations for Grand Canyon, North Rim, also for snow and cold. I got word from another Sister on the Fly this afternoon that there was 8" of snow on the ground.

HappyTraveler and Rik Peery like this.
  2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Dang crazy weather everywhere, bout 90 here for the next several days w/ no rain in sight, record rain this past year...

HappyTraveler likes this.
  3. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

Around here (WNY) when the local weather shows the 7-day forecast 3-4 of the 7 days has rain. Makes it hard to mow the lawn, let alone go tent camping.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. Nancy Anne

Nancy Anne New Member

Just talked with the Salida Colorado ranger station. Snow at 10500 and above, campgrounds muddy. We will check conditions on Tues and hope to go out for a week on Wed. Doug is suck and bagging pre cooked ribs and chicken. He has a great menu planned. I made curtains with pockets for glasses and phones to supplement existing beds end curtains. Camper has been set up in back yard for a month. We are very anxious to get out.

HappyTraveler and Rik Peery like this.