Stenosis and Bone Spurs in Neck....May have to go to the dark side..

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by BigRedTruck, Oct 10, 2016.

1. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Does CIPD also damage your nerves? It sounds serious. I think there is some steriods you can take to help counter it.

2. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

BigRedTruck and others:

I'd like to suggest you check out something I'm using with great results. It's called golden paste, and it's made with turmeric, a good non-inflammatory oil like unrefined coconut oil, and fresh-ground black pepper. You make it up yourself, takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, and take it with food several times a day, building up from a small amount to an amount that works for you, and you will be amazed at the results. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory; it's been used both as food and medicine in India and the Far East for thousand of years. I'm not trying to push quackery. I use it and feed it to my 10-year-old dogs, who are acting like puppies again despite arthritis and other problems. It does not cure, but it makes you feel better. If you think about it you will realize that inflammation is either a cause of or contributor to just about every condition from which we suffer. GP, as we call it, can be of tremendous help for a number of conditions. I recommend you go to, if you are on Facebook, Turmeric User Group and join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/415313751866609/

If you are not on Facebook, go to www.turmericlife.com.au.

These sites were created by Dr. Doug English, an Australian veterinarian, who has prescribed golden paste for his animal patients for years. Owners started taking it, and things took off. He started the FB page to gather more anecdotal evidence for his research. Please read the pinned post and then do some reading in the Files section, especially Turmeric for Beginners, which contains the recipe and answers to lots of questions. You can also use the search box to find posts on topics of interest -- for instance, type in immune system issues and you will see posts concerning that for you to read. Please do your reading and follow the recipe exactly; a lot of research has gone into the ingredients and the measurements.

I started using GP in January on a Saturday, had two doses. I woke up Sunday morning, and instead of hobbling downstairs I starting walking down until I realized I had no pain in my knee. Since then I am exercising regularly with no pain. I can even squat, and before the GP I was ready to go back for a steroid shot in my knee. I have serious neck and low back issues similar to you folks, and while the GP has not yet rid me of the pain it has lessened it; nerve pain takes longer to be affected. I realized how it was helping when I had to stop taking it for a couple of days. And be sure to check for any interactions turmeric has with your medications. One of the best things about taking GP is the lessened need for many medications. I have gone from 5-1/2 pain pills a day in January to 2 a day. I am also hoping for good news regarding my cholesterol and blood pressure in June at my doctor visit.

I'll say no more unless someone is interested, but I had to pass this on to you. I tell everyone I know, and they see the evidence in me.

3. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

I had 8 discs fused, 2 rods put in and lots of work on the stenosis bit. My surgery took 8 hours horribly painful but after 1 year I am doing about whatever I want. 2 ms out I was climbing my ham radio tower and other various things.

Saying that I did move up from a tent to an A-Liner for the reasons stated here but I could have probably made it just didn't want to stress things out too much. They do amazing things today!!

4. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Bob that is amazing! 8 discs and 2 rods! I can't even imagine! Very cool you recovered so well!

5. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment I was determined to continue my life the best I could I handled my bypass surgery the same way. All this stuff gives us additional life!

6. XKPin

XKPin There's no situation so bad it can't be made worse

Just an update from earlier.
    --I'm 64 and retired military. It's now been almost a year since my neck surgery (3-level ACDF) and I'm doing everything I did before - but with caution. I've returned to camping within a few months of the surgery - BUT, I've done everything I can to minimize excessive strain. I have pull-out shelves installed (to avoid that upside down - reach for the rear - contorted position when looking for packed stuff). I also outfitted my portable drill with homemade adapters to raise and lower the top and adjust the stabilizers. Modified my bed supports for easy installation & cut my kayak in half to reduce the weight but that wasn't as successful as the other mods [LOL]! It's not that I don't feel like I can't do that stuff, but I'm doing what I can to limit issues. I'm still working out in a limited manner. With or without serious surgery, I think CAUTION is the byword as we age.
    --I wish everyone of you the best and hope that you'll find the excitement that life still holds for you at any stage!