Stephen C Foster state park

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Fishman1, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

The wife and I are going to the park in two weeks. Any reviews would be appreciated. We are going in our 1997 Taos.

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

It has been awhile since I camped there but it is a really nice campground.
    Should be a good place to make memories

Fishman1 likes this.
  3. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Active Member

Have not been there but had friends who said they enjoyed boat tours of the Okefenokee.
    If you have any time for day trips, some of the springs in Northern Florida are worth the drive. We like Itchtucknee Springs and Gennie Springs too. The water is crystal clear and as blue as a swimming pool, but it is cold. Still worth the cold to snorkel in such a beautiful place.

Fishman1 likes this.
  4. Fishman1

Fishman1 Member

Thank you. We are going to rent a boat and explore the swamp ourselves. I’ve done that before. It’s been years ago,I took my son, now I’m taking my wife. We really don’t have time for any don’t have time for day trips.

epcotisbest likes this.
  5. geologist1

geologist1 New Member

hello, check out my post (and other comments) on Stephen C Foster and Jekyll Island.
    Make sure you have fuel, groceries etc before getting to the park. Also, cell phone coverage is pretty minimal! Bring a pair of binoculars for star gazing (if weather cooperates)

Fishman1 likes this.