Stereo Install

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by pakrat, Feb 19, 2012.

1. pakrat

pakrat New Member

White trash ingenuity. No room to put in the cabinet. So I just used velcro and stuck it to the top of the cabinet. Still sounds great. Now I have to make some kind of box for it or something. Or maybe mount it vertically.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

It looks like you you could just relocate the switch and display over to the left beside the speakers and install the stereo there and have a really sharp looking install. Just my 2 [2C]. What you have done looks good :).

3. papachaz

papachaz New Member

or you could turn it and mount it between the speaker and the fire extinguisher. like how the speakers look, very nice!

4. CIGARGUY

CIGARGUY New Member

If you check with a specialty car stereo shop, you can get what's called an "under dash mounting kit". They were used for older cars that didn't have a spot for a radio. You could just flip it upside down and mount it right where you have the stereo currently for a finished look.

5. austinm48

austinm48 http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r604/austinm48

put the radio under the fire extinguisher if you have a remote or cut a box out and angle it outwards at a 45 from the wall it will need a shallow depth but the wires will point down ....... wait better idea put it on the roof hanging down and run the wires down the tarp

6. pakrat

pakrat New Member

All good ideas. It doesn't have a remote. i think I'll mount it where the voltmeter is. Since I already have a hole started, should be pretty easy to relocate the voltmeter

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Very good idea.

8. jocobrownie

jocobrownie New Member

I did this because I couldn't find free space behind any suitable mounting spots. Been awhile since I posted a pic in a forum so bear with me if I don't code it right.
    -nevermind
    basically I built a wooden stand that the radio fits in and keeps it off the floor. It goes in my pantry and I can still put canned goods underneath.

9. NismoGriff

NismoGriff New Member

Although it may not matter since you won't be using the cd player with the camper in motion, you should really remove the transport screws if you haven't already. It's the 2 screws on the top of the cd player chassis.

10. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Put the stereo where the voltmeter is and put the voltmeter next to the switch.

11. pakrat

pakrat New Member

Just got done messing with the Trailer. Been an all day project fixing the roof and other things that need to get done. I went to mount the radio where the voltmeter is, but it was too wide. So I mounted it vertically next to the fire extinguisher. Looks pretty good and shouldn't be a problem listening to it sitting still.

12. Popup Paul

Popup Paul Member

what, no pictures of the final install??? Boooo

I need ideas for when I drag my camper out of the garage this spring

13. tlgenterprises

tlgenterprises New Member

Bought this from ebay for $60.00 shipped....
    I can play dvd on my 27 incd led tv..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Spridle

Spridle Active Member

Coming from someone that started pro life as a 12V installer and still makes a living installing AV all I can say is - Oh My God [:D]