stiff! better topper or foam mats?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by leahdan, Jul 27, 2015.

1. leahdan

leahdan New Member

We have a cheap foam topper on our mattress which has made a big difference but dh hand I are still stiff in am. Not sure if we should upgrade our topper to a good memory foam or add some foam mats under the mattress? Which works best for sore hips? I want something we can leave on when packed. We have a road trip coming up and are worried about waking up sore with a long drive ahead.

2. gradytracydavis

gradytracydavis New Member

We placed 2 1/2" memory foam toppers UNDER our factory PUP mattress. It was not too thick, so the camper will close without having to remove them. Our camper is a 2011 flagstaff 205 with an A/C unit installed on top so yours may have a different amount of clearance. One way to find out is to place an empty kleenex box on top of your mattress then close the roof down then raise it up and measure how much the box crushed to see how much actual clearance you have. You may find that you have 4" or more clearance to place a thicker topper. But it will never be a sleep number bed though. [LOL] Hopefully this will help.

3. mtnbkndude

mtnbkndude Member

Thank you for that simple, but effective test. I was just searching for posts on mattress toppers to see how people store them. I don't want them compressed for weeks to months at a time, as they may not return to their original shape (lump free). I will try the Kleenex box and see if I can leave mine in the camper.

[PU] 2002 Coleman Utah
    [TV] 2012 Toyota Sienna