Stink Shower and Shave. Camper with no dedicated bathroom...

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by dbhost, Dec 13, 2018.

1. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Okay folks, I am updating this with some newly found research. The gray water issue has been bugging me, so let's just dive into it...

Amazon has collapsible doggie pool / bath things, and in the small size is 32" diameter. Inexpensive, and collapses to consume little space when stowed.
    [​IMG]

Now you can use this IN the camper with the shower curtain as explained previously, or you can use this in just about any privy tent, collect your gray water, and pour it out into your collection tank at your convenience...

So, assuming the 1996 Coleman Santa Fe is your pop up...
    [​IMG]
    You can set up in the big open area between the bed, the toilet cabinet, and the dinette. Heck assuming the water heater works, you can simply use one of those dog wash hoses for a shower head / hose attachment... Set up the shower curtain and get clean. Toilet stows in the cabinet, use only as necessary of course...

2. 8lugnutz

8lugnutz Member

I have a similar setup, but use a concrete mixing tub from Home Depot. Small ones are about $5, bigger ones are $12. They are rectangular in shape and both fit in our Palomino Filly in the floor by the galley area. We can use them for baths for the kids, or showers for adults...with my hula hoop shower curtain setup :) The tubs have an on/off spigot/drain in each with a hose that leads outside to a 5 gal blue (think water cooler type) jug that we use as a grey water collector. We have a cassette toilet. I don’t shave when we camp, but I do have a reliance products sink for that purpose though, in the off-chance I were paid a million dollars and were somehow convinced to participate in the barbarian act of dragging sharp metal across my face....