Stinkbugs clogged up stove!

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by mickaqua, Nov 17, 2016.

1. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

I was having problems with my Peak 1 Coleman single burner liquid fuel stove, which has been very reliable for a few years.

It would light with a typical yellowish flame, but it would not switch over to a blue flame. [V]

I took off the upper assembly, looked into the small cavern inside, and it was full of stinkbugs! [:(]

The stinkbugs were apparently attracted to the underside of the burner assembly, and they effectively clogged it up.

A good cleaning took care of the problem, and the Coleman liquid fuel stove is working like new.

Guess I'll have to deal with the lanterns too, but that will be a winter project. :)

2. shaune509

shaune509 Member

bugs spiders and mud dubbers[sp] are the biggest problem in blocking the air tubes in gas/propane stoves and lanterns. the air tubes on grills and rv stoves can also get blocked by these bugs, if your appliance does not work right its time for a full cleaning of the air manifold.
    Shaune509