Stony Brook SP

Discussion in 'New York' started by Camper Jo, May 30, 2015.

1. Camper Jo

Camper Jo Member

I've seen the posts about Stony Brook SP but I have a specific question. I've hiked there but never camped there. I'm thinking about camping there in a few weeks. I know the sites don't have electric. But what about the water. Do the water fountains have faucets that a hose could be hooked to for filling the water tank?

Also, is it better to run the refrigerator using the battery or propane. Or would it be better to just take a couple of coolers.

Thanks and Happy Camping!!

Camper Jo

2. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Well this is an old thread, but... use propane to power your fridge when AC hookup is not available. 12v can keep it cool for a bit while driving, but that's about it.

3. CheeksUp

CheeksUp New Member

Stony Brook SP is great; camp there at least once per year. I'm not sure about hooking up the water sorry. Don't use the refrigerator either just bring coolers.

4. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Any site loops offer more privacy than others? It's always hard to pick sites at parks I've never been to, don't want to end up in an rv park like setting.