Storing seat cushions

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by bill Scoda, Jul 2, 2019.

1. bill Scoda

bill Scoda New Member

I have racked my brain and I have searched and searched for a manual as well as on this forum but can not seem to find the correct answer. I recently purchased a 2008 Jayco Jay series 1008. For the life of me I can not seem to figure out the correct configuration on how to store the seat cushions when folding down the popup. The previous owners stated that they just threw the largest cushion on floor of the camper. I can not believe that is the way the cushions were intended to be stored when down. Does anyone know the correct answer?

2. JWeible

JWeible Active Member

I don’t have that model so I don’t know the layout. However, our palomino has a bench seat and when we did the walkthrough at the dealership they said the back seat cushion of the bench goes on the floor when it’s folded down. So, it’s possible that yours does as well.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Unless they fit on top of the collapsed table, yup, they go on the floor. I have a wrap around couch so I also have corner cushions that I have to tuck away under the table.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I had a 1990 Jayco 1006 so not sure how much changed over the years. With that said at least on mine you lowered the galley onto the collapsed dinette table but there was just enough room for the two seat back cushions. Under the table Was where the sales person showed us to store the seat cushions. We just put a blanket on the floor to protect the cushion. Unfortunately in a popup there isn’t much room when lowered so you really are just shoving where there is space.

5. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah! Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

The seat-backs store on top of the table which, in its stowed position, lays between the bench seats. In this way, in the stowed position, the combination of all four cushions can make a bed.

7. 1REDBEARD

1REDBEARD Active Member

We just throw ours in the floor. Just make sure the floor is clean. it's like the easiest way

8. O'ville

O'ville Active Member

For us we put the table down, the two seats go under the table on the floor, and then the two seat backs go in the storage of the dinette.

9. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I'm on my second popup and neither had cushions on the floor. How uncivilized! Even my low-profile Apache kept the textiles off the floor.

10. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Mine doesn't have a table, so my dinette stays in bed form and all the cushions are on the bed.

11. jdkmrc

jdkmrc New Member

It's the ole cram and jam method for us. Some fit in under the dinette seats, some under the dinette table, some on the floor, and some in the shower pan. The biggest pain are the formed corner pieces for the couch.

1REDBEARD likes this.
  12. Bigantlers

Bigantlers Active Member

Ha! If I wanted to stay civilized I wouldn't go camping!!! [LOL]

Dingit, Rik Peery and 1REDBEARD like this.
  13. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

Reading through my owners manual (somewhat generic, so not specific to my particular model) and it mentions throwing bench back cushions on the floor if your model doesn't have room for them in the table/bed configuration.
    Capture.JPG

1REDBEARD likes this.
  14. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

Not throwing cushions on the floor is like not eating in a new car. Maybe lasts a week.

1REDBEARD and HappyTraveler like this.
  15. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

most of our cushions stay home, and the main bed has 2 new thin foam mattresses (one on top of the other)