Storing the SylvanSport GO

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by joaniec, Jul 23, 2017.

1. joaniec

joaniec New Member

We just purchased a used SylvanSport GO. We were told that it can be stored vertically - for long term storage or over the winter - tipped up on its back bumper. Does anyone know if this is true? Would it damage or bend the frame? I can't seem to find any info on it. thanks! joaniec

2. Mausinn

Mausinn Member

Apparently it can be stowed on it's end. Sylvansport-GO-Easy-Ultimate-Boating-Utility-Trailer.XXspecs.05.jpg

3. joaniec

joaniec New Member

Thanks! I hope that will work, but that looks like the GoEasy utility trailer, not the camper. And I am worried about the possibility of bending the frame..... may I ask where you found this pic so I can do more research?

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I just got to say how cool. I saw only one on the road once here and was so tempted to be the crazy lady and follow them with the hopes to see it in action. Then probably stare them down while they put it up. I can just see them think, what is up with the crazy lady nextdoor. [:D]. Have fun with your new toy.

5. joaniec

joaniec New Member

Thank you! I can't wait to get it out - so far only set up in the yard, but taking it to Glacier in a couple weeks! Was lucky to find a used one in great shape so I didn't have to cough up full price.

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

The Sylvan Go trailers are very much different than other types of tent trailers. I would suggest that you contact the company with that question. I looked at the website, but it seems to be more ad than giving in-depth info such as this.
    The dealer we bought our TT has them, but I haven't delved deeply into info on them.

7. Mausinn

Mausinn Member

8. Kettlebelle

Kettlebelle Member

I'm a little late to this discussion, but the Go can NOT be stored vertically, only the Go Easy can do that (much smaller version). Joaniec, are you a member of the Sylvansport Go Owners Group on Facebook? If not, you should join us! I love this forum, but that Facebook group is great for Go-specific questions.