Strange dripping....

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by thethird152, Jun 14, 2015.

1. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

The last time I had my pup out was the NC Spring Rally (a month ago). I opened the cold and hot water drain lines for the ride home and all was well. It has, without exaggeration, rained every day since then here in the NC mountains. We finally have some nice weather today, so I headed out to see how the pup was doing. It's been hot today, so no water on the ground or anything - the driveway is dry. I noticed a strange puddle under the pup. I crawled underneath and immediately felt all the floor boards - ship shape. Then I noticed a drip coming from the cold water drain line - it's dripping water. The valve is open and has been for a month, so I sincerely doubt there's any water left in the system from a month ago. Any ideas?

2. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

Condensation from some small leftover amounts of water, maybe in the water heater, in line filter if you have one, something else maybe. I'd put my money on condensation.

3. Heady

Heady Active Member

Was the wind blowing or did you walk into the camper to cause it to slightly tilt (making some left over water flow through the drain line)?

4. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Both sound theories - I suppose it could have shifted slightly, and condensation is prevalent in this environment. My intention had been to open it up and let it air out, but then it started to.....wait for it....rain.