Strange Noise

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by icepounder, Sep 28, 2014.

1. icepounder

icepounder New Member

I was working on my Rockwood Freedom camper and as I was lowering the roof I heard a strange noise. The roof was about half down and I was walking around tucking in the tent material. As I reached the rear left corner and pushed in the tent material I heard the noise. It sounded like a metallic clunk as if something dropped.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ? Thanks in advance :wink:

2. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Was probably one of the sleeves from the lift arms slipping down. Happened all the time on both my 07 Coachman and my 08 Viking. Was nothing to worry about in my case.

3. icepounder

icepounder New Member

Thanks RockyRoo .
    I thought it might be something more because I had only heard it in that one corner. I'll try to check it out further during the week if I get a chance.

4. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

you might try having someone stand back there while you lower it and see if they see anything when it happens. Also, I believe they recommended spraying the posts with silicone spray on mine, if that is what's happening a little silicone spray may keep them from sticking and dropping like that.

5. sallugo

sallugo Member

I agree with RockyRoo...mine has done that from time to time. But I have been able to see it slip. I think I will use some silicone spray (yesterday, the noise scared my wife [emoji6])

2014 Flagstaff Mac 228d
    2004 Ford Expedition 4x4 5.4L
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk