Stripes, Decals and such

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by bgullatt, May 25, 2010.

1. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

I notice more and more of you are looking for stripes and decals. I am interested in knowing who would be interested in replacement decals in an "OEM" look and who has plans to update to a more contemporary look. I am willing to begin making stripe kits to serve both of these needs. I will also cut replacement logos both original and custom. We are also looking at printing the little labels that go on all of your different exterior ports.

What I need from the community is an idea of:

What logos to reproduce? (with permission)
    What colors of stripes are you interested in?
    Do you have ideas for custom stripes?
    What labels might you be interested in?

As I get an idea of the needs and desires I will know which direction to take on this project. I am not asking for a commitment from anyone at this point (but if you want too that is OK). I will put together some samples and post pictures of what we can do.

Bill

PS. Steve - When ever you need some PUP stuff let me know.

2. Twisty

Twisty New Member

I'd like to see;
    Fleetwood/Coleman - with the current Fleetwood logo, the slash, and the current red Coleman logo with the lantern. I would buy 3 if they were about 3" x 24"
    I would also like a charcoal gray/forest green graphics kit.

3. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

If you have a picture of the graphics like you want post it as well as a pic of your camper and the length of the box.

4. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

Something like this?

[​IMG]

It's not final.

Lwalker likes this.
  5. Twisty

Twisty New Member

That's perfect!
    Can I post a graphic that I drew in Paint?

6. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

I had to post it to flickr first then put the link here.

You can email it to me

garagewear@earthlink.net

7. 96Rockwood

96Rockwood Member

Are you going to put together strip kits for things other that PUP's? The DW and I are going to re-stripe the motorhome this summer.

8. jwolfe01

jwolfe01 Honeoye, NY

I am looking for 2 Starcraft lettering/emblems that are @ 3inches high and 18 to 20 inches long in Dark Blue or Burgundy. I am not looking for stickers, but vinyl cut decals.

Before you start selling emblems, look into the legalities and copyright laws associated with that type of thing. Its one thing to whip one up for yourself, but Im not sure about selling them. You may need permission from the companies.

Misscompute likes this.
  9. jswalls110

jswalls110 Guest

If you can overcome the copyright issue, I would buy 80's Palomino decals. I can supply jpgs of the originals.

10. dizneenut

dizneenut camping.is.life.

I would be very careful with the copyrights and brand logos. Just because you can get them online for free, you still need the permission to use them for others. I am a digital scrap designer and I need to be extremely careful on what I use, but my hubby does vinyl graphics and print and we have seen MANY people get C & D letters. Some choose to stop operations, but some have been run out of business with legal issues. Not saying I agree 100% with the legal parts lol....but with a forum this big, you gotta be careful ;)

Misscompute likes this.
  11. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

I don't intend on mass producing the logos. I am already looking into what it takes to be licensed on them. Went through the same thing on collegiate and big three auto makers.

My brother got a C&D just for having a Ford banner hanging in his Mustang restoration shop.

I will however produce stripe kits both replacement and custom.

12. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

Yes. I will need to know colors, make and model of the motor home and a few pictures if you can send some. I will post a link to a color chart in a few days. Have to cut the stripes for my daughters car soon. She wants Shelby style stripes on her Mustang.

13. 96Rockwood

96Rockwood Member

^^ PM sent yesterday

14. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

Available vinyl colors:

http://www.oracal.com/products/all-colors.asp?seriesID=184

15. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

I have noticed that the VIKING logo on the front top portion of my PU is starting to flake off from the wind blowing on it as it is pulled by the TV. At some point I told the DW that I like to replace it with vinyl lettering same or similar font. Also like to name of our camper in vinyl lettering/

16. davidnoel

davidnoel New Member

I will need 2 Jayco decals for a 1996 Jayco Eagle 12 pop up. The decal is red with the bird logo on the right and "Jayco" on the right. I'll need 2 and 2 sets of stripes for the side. I'm ope to design but would prefer to stay with red as my canvas is trimmed in red. Do you have an estimated price. Also, do you have a website or pictures of decals to choose from?

Thanks much - David

17. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

What labels might you be interested in? I finally came up with a name for my PUP. Can you be cost effective?

18. famfam

famfam New Member

Bill - Sounds great. Here's a bunch of questions. If we send a design, what format do you need it in? Will Adobe Illustrator work? Do have patterned vinyl available like camo patterns, mossy oak, realtree...? How detailed can you get? What would be a ballpark price for a modest stripe kit for a starcraft pup, and then for a full 4 sided skin?

19. rbevis

rbevis New Member

I'm interested in this info as well.

20. greatlakers

greatlakers New Member

For those of us who have ample manufacturer decals and would want some custom stuff, are we talking lettering and stripes or can you do images as well? Nothing specifically with a copyright but something I draw up?
    Would also like something like that to put on my TV. Ford Focus owners would put "on Jesus" under the Focus on the rear clip. I would like to put something under "Explorer" on my tailgate.
    Hope to hear soon.