Stripes, Decals and such

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by bgullatt, May 25, 2010.

1. Orion

Orion Member

There is a site on the net that has a TON of vector graphics that might be helpful.
    http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/logo/Coleman

I did the link to Coleman just as an example.

Orion

2. Carpinteria PuP

Carpinteria PuP New Member

3. leusbyb

leusbyb New Member

I just bought a 93 Starcraft in great shape except the stripes and decals are really peeling...How can I remove them? What can I use to replace them with?

4. RayT38

RayT38 It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

You can get replacement decals from Starcraft. Just give them a call, with your vin#, and they can give you a part # and price. As for removing decals, auto parts stores sell a wheel for that purpose.

5. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

I think, when I replace my peeling labels, I'll put flames on the PUP - or maybe I'll use those woodie stickers... [:D]

Actually, as a Star Trek fan, I've thought about putting the "Starfleet pennant" (red strip with the arrowhead) down the side of the thing, but my wife would probably be too embarrassed to camp in it... [LOL]

6. themetells

themetells New Member

Can you do anything with the 80's color pinstripes for a Coleman Columbia? We are going to repaint ours, the same original color but the decals and stripes have faded and in parts peeled off.

7. NeedtoRoam

NeedtoRoam Colorfull Colorado

I removed all the old peeling pin stripe and added graphics it was pretty easy to do. I think it really updated the look of this 2000 Westlake. I thought of it as giving your house a fresh coat of paint when when the old paint starts fadding and peeling.

The original pin stripping was not the same on both sides from the factory, now both sides are the same.

[​IMG]

8. RFryer

RFryer Hopkinton, MA

Nice!

9. Tampaboy

Tampaboy New Member

Bill,
    I would be very interested in purchasing a custom graphics package for my 2002 Coleman West lake. I would like to get a more modern look on the box. If you are able to do this let me know. I would only ask if you are familiar with these type decals please tell me how to remove the old ones and prep the surface for the new one. I think also have a custom decal by the door with our name would be real cool. Let me know.

10. carlr

carlr New Member

We are looking to replace all the striping and decals on our 1986 Coleman sequoia.
    What would we need to send to you?
    Thanks

11. mstickle

mstickle 1974 Coleman Valley Forge 880

I'm looking at replacing all the decals on my 1974 Coleman Valley Forge.... Any ideas if you can do it?

12. wmorris11

wmorris11 New Member

Need the same, Please send onfo if you would.

13. AnthonyClark14

AnthonyClark14 New Member

I have an 86 Coleman Sequoia . . I'd really like the original art work done, the graphics and stripes etc.. only in a better color. navy or royal blue.

14. tracker366

tracker366 New Member

I had some lettering made for mine but cant remember from who [LOL]Here's what it looks like
    [​IMG]

15. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

I had some VIKING logos made for my PUP after it was painted. A graphics guy here in Vegas.. I bought 4 of them, only $5 bucks each. If you are a Viking owner and need to replace yours-- I'm happy to turn you on to him! I spoke with Viking prior and the font is not published so we did out best to match it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. danpayne

danpayne Member

I would be interested in a set of OEM Starcraft stickers for my 2003 Starcraft 2407. The striping is in good shape, but most of the "Starcraft" stickers are either peeling off or are already gone. I have yet to find a source for any OEM Starcraft items, such as stickers, or propane tank covers, or spare tire covers, so if you would be able to sell the stickers that would be awesome!

17. 77starmaster

77starmaster New Member

Go to your local sign shop! Look in the yellow pages under signs and Im sure they will be happy to letter, stripe, etc. your pup. Most shops have all kinds of art work for you to choose from or can make your idea come to life.

18. Thom

Thom New Member

I think it's strange that this thread was made the only Stickie on this forum. But I guess a of people go looking for decals?

19. BajaPup

BajaPup New Member

I hate decals, but to each their own. However glorious they may appear early on, they all eventually start looking bad, and if left on long enough, they affect the underlying paint. No thanks.

As far as this thread being a stickie, I guess that's warranted. Lots of people are busily restoring their campers, decals are often part of that process, and older ones are probably hard to find.

20. Stardust_8

Stardust_8 New Member

The original post(er) of this thread hasn't been online here since...January 08, 2012, 02:45:12 PM. So much for this stick(ie).