Stripes, Decals and such

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by bgullatt, May 25, 2010.

1. NplainsmenN

NplainsmenN New Member

I wouldn't mind coming up with some original starcraft signage for a late 70's galaxy 6. I Paint cars for a living and plan on a custom paint job,
    possibly flames. I'm using aluminum that you would find on a semi trailer and thinking of taping off flames and polishing the rest of the top to a mirror finish.
    might be a nice touch..
    [CF]

2. christate1970

christate1970 Member

How about just the simple Coleman decal? I need four.

3. jab2181

jab2181 New Member

How about Jayco decals and striping? I would like to find a full set for a 1996 1207KB. Let me know!!!

4. babar

babar Don't throw effort after foolishness

I think the OP stopped updating this topic... [:(]

5. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Don't forget to check eBay! These things are always getting listed there.

Painstakingly typed with very large fingers from my teenie, tiny iPhone.

6. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

I don't get back to PUP as often as I should. If you have request for decals please email me at garagewear@earthlink.net

Someone contacted me the other day and asked about custom designs. I can do a 10ft box for $20/ft for the first color and $5 per foot each additional.

Bill

7. Ken1967

Ken1967 Can't wait to Camp!

8. billm75

billm75 New Member

I don't intend to mention this after this post, I'm certainly not spamming or trying to steal anyone's business. I do run a vinyl graphics shop myself, so if there's something anyone needs, feel free to get in touch with me, I'm always happy to help out where I can.

If this is against forum rules, by all means, please delete the message.

9. Bama Camper1

Bama Camper1 New Member

10. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Wow! [::)]

11. rowley

rowley New Member

In the UK the copyright law is such that if the object copied is 25% different then it does not infringe so use slightly different font and color.

12. kennyk257

kennyk257 New Member

same with me I'm looking for
    Fleetwood/Coleman - with the current Fleetwood logo, the slash, and the current red Coleman logo with the lantern. I would buy 3 if they were about 3" x 24"
    I would also like a charcoal gray/forest green graphics kit.

13. geoanna

geoanna New Member

I'd be interested in the Coleman logo with the REBEL font... Is this still a possibility?

14. recycleness

recycleness New Member

With the concerns on selling logos- would there be an issue with just doing the words "destiny" and "royal"? Coleman is imprinted on our camper so we can hand-paint that in ourselves. We are interested in replacing the side striping with a couple words. Recommendations on attractive font will be appreciated. Here's a photo of the current look:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

15. bgullatt

bgullatt New Member

So I haven't been on in a while and I have been hesitant to reply to any emails I get about stripes and logos. I did some checking and here is what I know I can do. I am going to generalize it and let you take it for how you understand it.

I print tee shirts. You saw a shirt at a football game but you didn't want to pay $30 for it. If you come to me and say I want a tee shirt that says "Go Swamprats" and "Swamprats" is a trademark of some team. I can make you that one shirt but I can't advertise , mass produce these, or sell for profit. I can't use the same font as the shirt you saw. I can't even charge you for the shirt. If I agree to make it I can't profit from it.

You have a 1985 "Somebrand" popup. You own that popup. It has decals on the side. You want custom decals. I can do that.
    You decide you want to restore that popup. The decals are no longer available from the dealer or manufacturer. You want them duplicated. I can do that but only for your specific popup. I can measure, photograph and get as close as I possibly can to the original. I can charge you labor and materials for "custom camper decals". I can't mass produce them. I can't have a website that advertises stripe kits for some specific make and model available. I do not have permission to mass produce the decals and your camper is a one off replacement for something you can't get elsewhere.

I can sell "custom" stripe kits. You have a 19xx popup and you want to update the look of it. You send me pictures and measurements or your pup and pictures of the new one you saw on the lot. I can make you something that looks kind of like that. Your popup is the same brand as the new one and you like the new updated logo. You want that logo too and it is available from the dealer/manufacturer. I can not duplicate that specific logo! I can take the logo you have and redraw and update it to something that looks nicer than the original but I can't duplicate it.

Hope that helps a little. Will try to start responding to more of the emails now. Hope to come up with a set of 4 or 5 of my own stripe schemes and have them available. I will also do custom stripes.

What do I need? Box length, height, door, light and latch locations. colors desired. If restoring a camper please verify first that you can't get what you are looking for from the dealer. If your decals are not available contact me and I will give you the specs needed to make a replacement decal for your specific needs.

Bill

16. Lowrange2

Lowrange2 New Member

This may be a bit offtopic but... What are you guys using to remove the old striping from the camper without damaging the siding?

17. ladypro

ladypro New Member

I recently purchased some Coleman factory decals (old stock in new condition)on ebay. They were better than I expected and very reasonably priced. Quite a few to choose from- I was pleasantly surprised. They made my camper look great after I painted it.

18. ShackDiva

ShackDiva New Member

Been researching this because we are getting ready to do this -
    It appears you can use steam and a plastic "knife" to scrape. I am going to use my shark steamer. We will see if it works. We will probably start in November on this project :)

19. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

I've used 3m's striping eraser wheel with a drill and had great success but you have to be careful to use light pressure and lower RPM's or it'll mar the paint.

20. jamb046

jamb046 Member

I found a great deal on Viking decals on Amazon. I bought two of them for less than
    $15. Also saw several other places on the internet for decorative vinyl decals. Just do a search for RV camper decals. There are some really pretty ones.