Stripes, Decals and such

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by bgullatt, May 25, 2010.

1. aaronstottle

aaronstottle Member

I know that this is a bit late of a reply, but...

To remove vinyl decals, use a blowdryer or heat gun to warm them up.
    while warming, you can use a plastice scraper or plastic razor blade (available at arts/crafts stores)
    to lift or scrape them. The remaining glue on the panel can be removed with WD40, or citrus-based adhesive remover...
    JM2C

2. Snailz

Snailz New Member

I have an 1985 Coleman Sun Valley (12ft long)that I'm redoing and would like to see a decal set for it if you start making them.

3. webhannet

webhannet Member

There are lots of stripes in all kinds of colors and configurations on Ebay. Many would probably be a good fit

Any "computer printed sign place" can produce the name of your model in one of the many print styles they have - again, you could come close to the original with a little help. They can show you what it looks like on the computer before you decide. There are also Sellers on EBAY who will custom create for you - cheap money. You could personalize or name your camper in the original script.

4. Justin502

Justin502 New Member

I been looking for the 94 dutchmen duck decals because mine old, fading and pilling

5. Kmaxx1029

Kmaxx1029 New Member

Guys. You can't sell someone else's logo. You can probably get away with making personal copies, but profiting off another's work is a no no.

6. HackFamily

HackFamily Member

Does anyone know if this is Oracel 651? I am going to pull all of my peeling vinyl and will probably make the camper look like lace, sorry I am not into brand awareness from 1995

7. SteveLowe

SteveLowe New Member

I do a lot of custom decals for different items. I am really looking forward to creating some unique Decals for my Pop up. I'm not too interested in doing exact decals cut something using a similar font would be cool.

Faboo2bme2 likes this.
  8. Shadetreetim

Shadetreetim New Member

I agree with deviating from OEM. Those colors used by Coleman in '92 don't look good behind my TV. I plan on doing some stripes "inspired" by the originals, but clearly completely different. Removing the original stripes, the paint is coming off in places, so I doodled some graphics that would cover all the original areas, and seems appropriate behind the Jeep.

Thinking I could paint these on, or had considered doing the black in the smoother bedliner material. Or I could have them cut in vinyl. Any suggestions, ideas, concerns?
    [​IMG]

9. neilmc22

neilmc22 New Member

Since I am a fly-fisherman, I would like to see a big graphic of a fly fisherman casting, perhaps all the way across the side of the pup and use that instead of stripes

10. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

I'm a big fan of the Coleman lantern :)

Attached Files:

11. Muller 5

Muller 5 Active Member

Are you going to add "Dora, the"?