stupid is...stupid does

1380ken

Super Active Member
Nov 7, 2013
Mass
That can be towed with a mini van, if you don't put anything in the camper and tow it home by yourself.

jmkay1

2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Oct 10, 2013
Northern Virginia
Yep they must have listened to the dealer who swore they can easily tow the camper. Somehow dealers only look at the dry weight numbers. Never account they have a family and gear. Never account for options that was included on the unit. The laugh in all this is they used the term we’re upgrading in the add. They don’t have room to upgrade to.

Steveo4090

Super Active Member
Jun 26, 2020
Lancaster PA
I saw someone with a similar set up on my way to my current campsite. Small suv with a strap on bike rack on the back hatch...loaded with bikes. The htt in tow. The tv was so tail heavy and the htt was so nose down it looked like they were going to fold up in the middle. With all those bikes I'm sure he had a full load of passengers and gear too. All I could do was shake my head and feel a little sorry for them while praying they actually made it in one piece wherever they were going.

CamperChrissy

Nov 25, 2016
Chicago suburbs
Technically, no this is not in spec. We have a Dodge Grand Caravan and tow a high-wall. The van has a limit on the front surface area of the trailer (a certain number of square feet, which I don't remember offhand). Our HW is pretty close to the max. So a taller hybrid would definitely be too tall. We also have heavy duty shocks, airbags, heavy duty breaks, an extra transmission cooler, and use a WDH to make it possible for us. I'm guessing not everyone with a minivan is making all those upgrades...

Fish N Farm

Aug 4, 2020
Pearland Tx

Latest posts