Suggestions for Hocking Hills Ohio

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by OutdoorsFamilyMan, Aug 31, 2020.

1. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan New Member

We are planning our second trip. This time we are thinking the Hocking Hills Ohio area. Does anyone have any experience at the RV parks in that area. I found a few things about the area via the search function but it was all older posts...Hoping to get some updated information. Thanks...

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

About 6 years ago I stayed at Lake Alma State park because Hawkinghills State park was packed. Lake Alma had a small campground Near a small lake. Some sites were itty bitty and others could fit a small unit. At the time many sites were no hookups and Bathrooms were pit toilets, not really ideal. I drove the 40 miles or so to Hawkinghills State Park nearly every day. I spent my entire day exploring the state park, hiking etc. It rained every day I was there and despite the rain really enjoyed the hiking trails At both state parks and other things the parks offered. There isn’t much in the area In regards to stores and discovered the nearest Walmart was an hour away. On my last day all that rain caused flooding including the sewage. I was in a tent and the small trickle stream I was near turned into a river and flooded my tent. My dogs and I were drowned rats And the smell was awful, l packed up in record time to get out of there. Had a great time though During my visit and met some unbelievably friendly locals. Always wanted to go back and hope for better weather.

3. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

Check out the rally section. There is talk about a possible 2021 rally at Hocking Hills in the works still I beleive