Summer time A/C

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by mark.sibole, Aug 14, 2013.

1. mark.sibole

mark.sibole New Member

I see everyone is working on their AC units to keep cool.Id like to know where u all are lol.In northern Michigan im using heat at night and ready to rebuild the heater in it as soon as parts arive today.
    It has been the coldest Ausust i can ever remember hits low to mid 70s daytime and low to mid 40s night time.So much for wierd Als global warming tale.
    Hope you all have a great summer or whats left of it.

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

That is very interesting about global warming. All the experts will say about local weather, is the weather patterns will change. At the global level they say the temps will increase. So it sound like to local weather pattern has changed?

3. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

I remember visiting my grandparents at their cottage on Crystal Lake near Beulah/Frankfort. It was low 70's and all the Michiganders were running around in shorts and t-shirts. I had to talk my granddad into building a fire in the fireplace. Back home here in NC they had 13 days straight of temps over 100.

4. Indy

Indy Member

Global warming trends lead to climate change, but really anecdotal evidence of local temps is unrelated and does not show a trend. Here in Houston, I can assure you I make good use of my AC. In fact, with the AC on full blast in my house, it is currently still 84 & climbing. I'm melting. Autumn, please hurry!

5. badgamuss

badgamuss Member

Here in Florida, AC is a must. I have seen a few PUPs without them and can't figure out how they do it. Our AC runs full time when we are out. Just came back from Ft. Wilderness at Disney and it was in the mid to high 90's with high humidity.

6. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

A/C is a necessity in the summer here in NC for me. Although yesterday we had some of the coolest air temps lately at 88degrees the heat index was 103 because of the humidity.

7. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

You are so right, Mark. This is the coldest August in Michigan that I can ever remember. Global cooling maybe......

8. mark.sibole

mark.sibole New Member

well suburban furnace all rebuilt .All Installed.Running heating test on it now and co tests.Ill know in an hour or so how it goes.Its 49 out now temp set to 65 will monitor it all.

9. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Great! I know our 18,000 BTU Attwood keeps our PUP WAY too hot if you don't crank the T-stat down to about 60. Good luck!

10. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I have never used the A/C while camping here in the Pacific Northwest in mid-summer but have often used the furnace at night.

11. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I have a friend that bought a house in 1993, in the lower part of the state "Brighton, MI". It was in a upper middle class neighborhood, built in the late 70's. The house did not have AC and he said that about 50% of the house did not have AC. That in that areal the nights cool down and you don'd need AC except a few days a year.

He was from VA and he had to have AC so he installed it.

12. shfd739

shfd739 Member

South Texas and AC was one of the first things we checked on campers we looked at.

I think we're at 20something plus days of 100+ degree highs. And the humidity has been higher than normal.

Makes me glad i work nights...but the power bill goes up trying to cool the house so I can daytime sleep.

13. mark.sibole

mark.sibole New Member

heater worked like a charm! yayyy i stayed warm.

14. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

And 90's by the weekend here in the southern half of the state. You fixed it well!!

(As northern breed dog owners, we were enjoying the cool August!)

15. MommaKrout

MommaKrout New Member

We camped in Pentwater this past weekend and West Branch the weekend before. Highs in the mid 70's, lows between 45-55º (perfect in my opinion!). My hubby is a diva and has to have the a/c going if it's over 70 degrees. He about froze me out the first night in West Branch when it dropped down to 45º and he was still running the a/c! If we didn't have dogs that had issues with the heat we wouldn't have had an a/c installed.