Suspension sounds?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Matt Benoit, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Well-Known Member

I have just spent the last 2 days racking my brain, and rolling around on the ground under the camper. Today I decided since I've come this far, I may as well replace the leaf springs. I did that... Did not help with the noise. It did give me about a half inch lift lol. My entire suspension is now new.

I had a friend ride around in the car with me, and he thought it was the hitch making noise. So, back to the shop I went. I bought a quiet hitch adapter and that took every bit of play out of the hitch and receiver. It doesn't move at all. Unfortunately, that didn't make the noise go away either.

At this point, I give up. I am sore from head to toe. And the only thing I've managed to accomplish is keeping my local spring shop and rv shop in business.

I appreciate all the suggestions guys. I think I'm just going to take a Xanax and turn the radio up like Sjm9911 suggested.

I have had one thought that I have no way of testing: being that I have a Goshen lift system, is it possible the lift springs are bouncing around inside of tubes?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Sjm9911 likes this.