Sylvansport Go...

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by Rik Peery, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Picked one up a couple weeks ago at our local Gander Outdoors on sale, pretty versatile as far as various uses go... one problem I noted was that in travel mode, there is a 17" clearance between the floor & the fold in bed rails, can't place my Pelican or Yeti coolers there as they are 18-19" high; it can be cranked up then lowered onto the upright bed rails w/ a crap load of room for gear/kayaks/4x4 etc & still maintain a fairly low profile...thinking about selling the Aliner Ranger 10 due to the fact the wife is still working, cutting into extended camping time, & we can't carry our yaks...anyone else have one?

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I was looking at them myself. Really loved the versatility. However it wouldn't work for my family but would be perfect for just me and my dog. However one of the reasons I looked into popups was to extend my camping season. I wouldn't be able to extend it by much with this. , I do love it though and congratulations.

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I've been to the factory (twice) in NC. Great bunch of people and the shutdown early every Friday to go kayaking.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

If they'd been available when we bought our first popup, we might have gone that route. These days, too much like ground tent camping - packing, type of tenting, etc. - for the way we camp - except for being off the ground to sleep. (The main reason we bought our first popup was an anticipated trip to the Olympic Peninsula, yet to be taken.)
    Our dealer has had them up in the showroom on and off for the past year or more, so we see them every time we stop in for supplies.

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. TinyCamperPro

TinyCamperPro Member

We saw one of them at the RV and Outdoor show this year. They are pretty neat and we liked the ability for just to carry all of our outdoor gear like yaks, bikes, and Sups. It would be better than carrying them on the roof of my Jeep. However, if we upgrade from the Popup it'll be a small aliner. We'd like the hard sides for when it gets cold. Would love to see pictures of it when your setup to camp and see how it works out for you!

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Sounds like my kind of place :)

Rik Peery likes this.
  7. Rik Peery

Got this in an e-mail this weekend...new camper Sylvansport is coming out w/ that won some type of innovation award; wishing they'd showed more detail in the vid...

PopUpSteve likes this.
  8. Rik Peery

9. Rik Peery

Lol, wife made that point when I suggested selling our Aliner Ranger 10; she mentioned the comfort level when the temps drop, may keep it, a 2019 used 3 times, but I never know what I'll do from 1 day to the next...I'll put it in the classifieds if I do, no hurry...I'll slap up some pics when we put it up (Go camper)

10. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Rik Peery likes this.