Table fix

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by ErinG, Nov 21, 2021.

1. ErinG

ErinG Member

I ordered one new table leg from coleman (coleman Santa Fe) and it ended up being about 1in shorter than the original leg. I can order a second to match but I'm wondering if there's a better option? I absolutely hate folding and unfolding the legs. It's so heavy and clunky for me to do. Has anyone replaced/redone their table? I wasn't sure how to proceed since we do still use it as a bed as well but I'm certain there's a better way.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Here is what I did a long time ago ......... I hated the table with 2 legs so I removed the closest to the wall. Mounted a block of wood to the underside of the table on the edge that I removed the leg. I then mounted the table to aluminum edge of the wall with bolts and wing nuts. Made more room under the table and the table didn't move around at all. When packing up I just zipped off the wing nuts and was good to go.
    Even on the camper I have now it had 2 pole legs ........... I removed the legs and too large table all together and just use TV trays.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

My parents have a TT so keep that in mind but their table had a bracket the table was attached to the wall that lowered when going in bed mode and you can raise to go into table mode and secured on the wall. While the table is secure on one end you can lower the single leg on the table. So much easier as you really only lifting a little over half the weight of the table and don't have to somehow balance the table while you release the legs. If you can figure out how to secure the bracket in table mode on the popup that may make things way easier and even sturdier.

4. theseus

theseus Living the Darkside...

Is the folding legs or a pole? If it is a folding leg, I would just order a second new leg. I assume you are ordering from Colemanpopupparts.com when you say you got a new one from coleman.

5. ErinG

ErinG Member

It's the folding legs and yes ordered from them. I just love them and was hoping there was a table rebuild I could do that made it a little more user-friendly for me to put up and take down.