television

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by camping_guy, May 31, 2014.

1. camping_guy

camping_guy New Member

I want to know if it's possible to put a tv and a satelite in a tent trailer.

Tank you

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

We have a 24" flat screen that we store in the pup. Have an over the air antenna that depending where we are can get a lot of stations. If we are near a metro area we can get up to 40 stations. If we are in a remote area we can get 3 or 4 or maybe none.

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Of course it's possible. I've seen plenty of campers, pop-ups, travel trailers, and RVs, that have satellite dishes on them or set up outside on a tripod. You just need power and clear line of sight to a satellite.

4. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

5. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

The old thread is more than 120 days old. The Forum requires a new topic so this is where we can continue discussions. I wonder if Jtkirk is still around to answer a question. In one design the loop of the copper wire is open.
    [​IMG]

In the more recent design by the same designer OTA_Canuck, the loop is closed.
    [​IMG]

Which one is the best configuration? Looking at the rabbit ear antenna, the two ears are not connected except by the coaxial cable leads. I tend to think the open loop is the correct one. Any expert opinions?

6. medicmike5969

medicmike5969 Been an Apache owner since 1991 - 2nd owner

I have a 19" flat screen that I use in our Apache, along w/ an over the air antenna & sometimes (depending on where we're at - trees or other obstructions) I take along the Tailgater satellite & the satellite receiver out of the computer room here.

7. jackquontee

jackquontee Active Member