televison

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by bklyncat58, Mar 26, 2013.

1. bklyncat58

bklyncat58 New Member

does anyone bring a small t.v. to put in there pup. my hubby and I sometimes like to just lay in bed and watch some t.v. to fall asleep to. if you do do you have any pics of the inside of your pup with a t.v. in it. thanks

2. chefaleslie

chefaleslie Always looking for a great MOD

I have a laptop that I bring loaded with some TV episodes and movies. It's great to fall asleep to and also great for some rainy days.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

We take one of those combo tv/dvd units with us... often we'll also have one of the laptops too.. we use them at night or on those rainy days..

4. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

We carry a small flat screen TV. We watch the weather and if it's raining. Don't have any pics. It sits up against the window on the dinette table. And if the grandkids are around, we set up a projector, DVD player and a sheet for the screen, outside, for movie nite at the campground. Usually we have the neighbors and their kids pull up their chairs and watch with us. Met a lot of people this way.

Campit

5. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

We both have English degrees. Books, eBooks, and if that isn't enough we read more books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

We have a 26 inch flat screen and antenna. We like to watch the local news and weather and also like to watch the tv for awhile when we go to bed. We hook up to cable if we are at a campground that has it, if not then we can catch some over the air stations. Depending on where we are we can get up to 40 stations or 2 or 3 if we are in a more remote location. We enjoy camping and spend a great bit of time outdoors hiking, cooking and sitting aroundthe campfire, but still enjoy the creature comforts of home.

7. TheBerrys

TheBerrys 1977 Palomino in Albuquerque, NM

In our remodel I installed a car radio DVD player for watching movies on a 16" LED TV. It also gets off air but we don't use it much for that.

Dick

[​IMG]

8. newbiecamper444

newbiecamper444 New Member

our previous owners left their tv with the pup. WOOT WOOT!

I soooo don't want it hooked up but dh doesn't mind...so it's gonna be a battle...

When we driveway camped we just set it atop of the stove while we sat @ the table (1 kid on the couch) then we ended up climbing into bed & moved it over ontop of the sink (put a cutting board on the sink so we'd have a shelf).

Sorry I didn't take a pic...but maybe that'll give you an idea.

9. Loraura

Loraura New Member

[​IMG]

I keep the tv on top of the microwave.

10. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Laptop or tablet. It does so much more than a TV in much less space and has batteries if needed.

11. Ern510

Ern510 lets go glamping .. really babe all that

lol ,, two 10'' flat screens mounted on each bunk-end that's hooked to the same dvd player oh and at least one laptop if not both .. i like hop online first thing in the morn with coffee ,, before fishing [LOL]

12. BarbaraFaith

BarbaraFaith New Member

Have a 22 in flatscreen hdtv that we put on the cabinet next to the door.

13. chinolofus

chinolofus New Member

We have our ipad hanging from the Shepard bar so we can lay in bed and watch movies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

14. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Ditto. But the laptops for checking work emails and the tv/dvd unit is strickly for movies. Good on rainy days or an occasional late night family movie if we're all wound up.

Sure beats the 7" DVD player we used to take tent camping. That was a real treat since we could only get 1 movie out of the battery.

15. cma7777

cma7777 Member

We have one DVD player that feeds into two 19 inch tvs and a portable satellite dish. The TVs set on a bunkend shelves on each bunk.

16. EV2

EV2 Member

Hey Jimbow, just an FYI, there is a lot of programming in English on television. [LOL]

With my engineering degree, most of the books have a plot that is a little boring.

17. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

18. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I'm just surprised nobody has disqualified you guys from camping. Everyone knows you can't have a TV and still be camping. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Or on the other hand, why read books that take me a while to read when I can just watch the 2 hr movie. [LOL]

In all seriousness, though, I have taken our small LCD TV on trips. But, we usually limit that to when we are going somewhere for an extended period or when we are using the PUP as an alternative to staying in a hotel. For example, last year when we went to D.C. and we'll be taking it this year to Disney.

We've also brought our laptop computer and/or portable DVD player. The TV, DVD Player, or Computer is handy on a rainy day when we get tired of card games, board games, reading, etc. or when you just want to sit and veg after a day out sightseeing (e.g., D.C.) and the campground doesn't allow a campfire.

We usually just put the TV on the table, counter, or on top of the clothes bins depending on where the interested parties are sitting or laying.

19. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. Pilot371

Pilot371 Member

sorry, no photo, but we bring a TV/DVD combo flat screen.
    Used basically for rainy days or soemtimes at night if bugs are too bad near the fire

It's a nice change, as during teh day we are always out hiking/canoeing, so soemtimes at nigth we'll just hang in the pup after dinner