Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri Trip Feedback

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Harrelldjr, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Harrelldjr

Harrelldjr Member

We are in the early stages of planning a camping trip for fall break next year. We live an hour northeast of Knoxville, TN. We want to head a new direction on this trip. We have discussed a 6 night trip with 2 nights at Hillman Ferry at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky, 2 nights at Sam Baker State Park in Missouri and then 2 nights at Montgomery Bell State Park in Tennessee. Does anyone have any feedback on these parks or suggestions for things to do in these areas? Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply. [ALPU]

2. kstephens

kstephens Member

I live right down the road from Hillman Ferry/LBL. Who all will be on the trip? Ages? I stay at different sites at Hillman depending on if the kids are with me or not. What activities are you planning on or wanting to do?

3. ricko

ricko Member

We've done Montgomery Bell several times, it's our 'close to home' option...

The sites numbered 52, 54, 56, 59, 61, 62, 63, 66, 67, 69, 71, 72, 73, 75, 76, 78 (the whole right side of the campground map) are built into a hill so they are not popup friendly. Pretty much anything down the left side is very nice. The sites across from the right side are usable with a PUP but can be difficult to navigate a longer trailer.

There is a recreation field and playground on the other side of the sites at the bottom of the map which stay busy late into the night and have some street lights.

We enjoy MBSP, it's only half an hour - 45 minutes from our place so it is a good quick get-away. The closest grocery store is about 20 minutes away. The park overall is nice and the bath houses are clean.

We hope you enjoy your stay in Middle Tennessee.

Ricko