Tension cable

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chevy2003, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Chevy2003

Chevy2003 New Member

hi I am new to the Camping World I have a 1995 rockwood pup I think it's the 1910 model where does the tension cable fashion to the roof at and how much play should the pup Roof have from side to side I have a little over three and a half to 4 inches side to side any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

You should have a Goshen lift (according to the documentation). I believe you equalize (front/back) with the adjustment of an "eye-bolt" and pulley, that is in the front-center or back-center, attached to the frame.

There is no adjustment, other than changing the 4 push springs in the post lifts for side to side equalization. The folks at the factory are very helpful.

http://goshenstamping.com/lift.php

3. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

The tension cable upper attachment (Or height gauge) should be directly above the lower attachment.
    It screws into the inside of the roof side panel and on the outside of the canvas.
    Make sure you get the height correct (Door installed etc) before you reattach it.
    I guess the top screw will have pulled out (Similar to mine when I got it).
    Yes you can have this much play. Mine is similar, but when I put the verandah out and put the slide out it tightens it up to the point where I have about 2 inches of play.(I can get more if I really push it around of course)